Ruh roh, Raggy! Scooby-Doo returns to Saturday morning TV

Scotty

• Members

I know this post isn't about primetime, but it's stilll interesting...and you're NEVER too old to love Scooby-Doo!

copied from: http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/04/28/ruh-roh-...day-morning-tv/

scoobydoo2.jpg

Ruh roh, Raggy! Scooby-Doo returns to Saturday morning TV

Posted Apr 28th 2006 9:15AM by Richard Keller

Filed under: Programming, WB, Animation, Anime, The CW, Children's

There are some cartoon characters that have a permanent shield of double-thick steel around them. When you think they're finally gone, they come back in a new form.

Take our pal Scooby-Doo, for example. Scooby and his Mystery Inc. friends have been with us since 1969. That's 37 years, kids; 259 in dog years (you knew I had to throw in that joke, didn't ya?). Since then he's been paired with Fred, Daphne, and Velma, the Scooby-Doobies (From Laff-a-Lympics), Dynomutt, Vincent Price and, ahem, Scrappy-Doo. After leaving Saturday mornings in the late '80s, he returned with the entire Mystery Inc in What's New Scooby-Doo for the Kids WB.

Now he's back again in this fall's 'Kids WB on the CW' (catchy, ain't it?) in Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue. In this show... well, perhaps you should jump to find out what it's all about, and also see some of the other new series premiering next fall on Kids WB.

In the new cartoon, Shaggy and Scooby live in the 'bling'd-out mansion' (The WB's words, not mine) of Shaggy's Uncle Albert. They still have the Mystery Machine, but it can now transform into one of a number of transportation modes. Scooby Snacks are still available, but they are now infused with nano-technology that allows Scooby to fly or turn into a giant robot. Their mission is to keep the Scooby Snacks away from those who would use them for evil.

Well, at least Scrappy-Doo isn't on the show.

In addition to Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue, three other cartoon series will be premiering on 'Kids WB on the CW' (heck, let's just call it KWotCW for the rest of the post) this fall:

Tom and Jerry Tales -- The return of the famous cat-and-mouse team to television since 1993. Rather than being friends or kids as in previous incarnations this show, it will return to the roots of the relationship that began over 60 years ago.

Monster Allergy -- This series, based on a comic book, features a 12-year-old boy who has the ability to see invisible, supernatural monsters.

Legion of Super-Heroes -- Based on the popular DC Comics series, teenage super-heroes from one thousand years in the future recruit Superboy (the young Superman) from the past to help defend the newly created United Planets.

Shows that will be returning for another season will be Xiaolin Showdown, Loonatics Unleashed (which will feature future decendents of Yosemitie Sam, Tweety Bird, Sylvester the Cat, and Marvin the Martian this season), Johnny Test , and The Batman, which just won two Daytime Emmys for best animated program and best sound editing. For the third season, the Caped Crusader will be joined by Robin, the Boy Wonder.

Not returning to the KWotCW, Yu-Gi-Oh and, brace yourselves, Pokemon.

[Via Newsarama]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Scooby and Shaggy aren't the same without Fred, Daphne, and Velma. I liked the latest version of their mysteries "What's New Scooby-Doo" and I like the movies they keep doing for cable.

Archived