AMC: Has anyone seen the casting news from SOW **SPOILER**

• Members

Finally! A poster after my own heart. Totally agree. It's better than the summer but still so far from what it *can* be. I'm not going to happily settle for trash because its not horse manure.

And I for one do remember SON breaking the RB news way back when. And getting blasted for voicing my opinion that it was probably true (along with Eva leaving). But the pro-AMC Committee just couldn't take it....how could anyone be unhappy at AMC? How could anyone desperately want out of this masterfully written show? :blink:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
If only. He's tried that and only got to play a corpse on CSI, unfortunately it doesn't seem he'll leave unless he's fired, but there's always hope EXTRA could hire him full-time as an international reporter really, really decreasing his air-time on AMC and thus the amount of stories, characters, etc... he ruins via ABC/AMC's PTB's UNHOLY worship of the character and actor. Ryan worship and pushing is one of this show biggest problems, it has not only made his character intolerable, it has become like a black hole taking in many other characters.

SON hinted late last Spring she changed management and was out of her own will when her contract was up (as did Soap Opera Weekly). The change of management could be and probably is because she wants to see what she can get in the form of out of soap world work. She's probably disliked the storylines she's been in for the past few years (i.e. the character/soul-sucking Rylee) thus extra incentive to spread her wings in the non-soap-world.

• Members

This confirms that AMC can't even remember it's own history. Did anyone ever think that AMC is saying Kate Collins is returning when in reality it's Robin Mattson? I know that's what I'd do if I were in charge.

• Members

KC's Natalie and Trevor were my cup of tea, loved them back in the day. And loved her Janet, but just generally loved Natalie more, thus why I never did really take to RM's Janet (because I didn't ever really like Janet as a forever character and because I liked KC's). I'm excited to see her back, if only they could somehow bring Nat back from the dead, but I'm excited to see what she does with Janet for her few episodes back - maybe they'll want to do more with her and she'll want to stay for more (though what McTavish might come up with might make me eat those words).

If RM was coming back to play Janet, I'm sure they would have said RM's coming back to play Janet, she's probably not thus them saying Kate Collins. I don't see any point in lying about it, both actresses were memorable in the role - KC had a longer history with the show. With KC we are to forget the plastic surgery thing, heh, soaps have done worse in shorter-term with dissolving logic/history.

• Members

I guess that's true. If we can see Mike Roy getting killed with 50 bullets in him and being buried in the ground, only for him to come back later (with his original face), I guess this won't be a big deal. Plus, KC and RM sort of look the same -- so it was never a huge stretch.

We last saw KC when she was playing AngelNatalie with Gillian, right? What year was that?

• Members

They could easily ignore the plastic surgery just like they would if an entirely new actor were in the role. That doesn't bother me one bit. Dynasty did the same thing when they brought back Al Corley as Steven, even though he'd had plastic surgery when Jack Coleman joined the show.

• Members

I wish it was Robin Mattson back as Janet, since I thought she was better in the role and due to the plastic surgery reasoning. But I do like Kate Collins, so glad she's back, I hope AMC changes its mind and hires her back full-time.

Also bummer that Rebecca Budig as Greenlee. AMC should re-cast the role. C'mon she's recastable, most actors and actresses are. And while we're at it AMC recast Bianca if Eden Riegel won't come back (my suggestion Heather Lindell, DAYS ex-Jan Spears) and if Cady McClain won't come back as Dixie (and I bet she will), then re-cast, maybe with Mary Beth Evans(currently Sierra ATWT) or OLTL's Cat Hickland(Lindsay).

• Members

I don't see why people would want to stop watching AMC since a CLASSIC PLAYER like Kate Collins is returning. I grew up with both Janet's. I liked Mattison better (hehe the wedding where Harold returns to reveal Jane as Janet comes to mind.) But you people are acting like this is the first time the actress playing the role previously after the character has plastic surgery is returning. CASE IN POINT:

OLTL's Max: James DePaiva's Max got into a car accident. Nicolas Walker played a plastic surgery Max. James returned with no explation of the surgery.

ATWT's Lily: When Martha Byrne left, Heather Rattray filled in. Lily was taller and had plastic surgery. When Lily ran away to Europe (or wherever Damian was) the next time we saw her, Byrne was back to normal. With no explation of the surgery.

I have a feeling the surgery won't be explained. Now, character assination is what we should all worry about. I knew Greenlee was leaving. Good. She was loosing the spark she had when we first saw her. Totally unregonizable.

• Members

I'm thrilled both that Kate Collins, one of my all-time favorite actresses, is returning and that Greenlee, one of the most annoying characters lately, is leaving! Finally, with these casting changes and the end of the Dragon storyline, AMC is going to become watchable again.

I hope the show at least tries to explain why Janet looks like her old self; maybe, they can say she decided she wanted to look like Natalie so she had plastic surgery again. :P

Archived