The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

Glad you had fun. Did your boys miss you?

NLG and JE are really good friends, so I am sure they probably have spoken. She might be taping a day or two but NLG knows she herself is off til Sept. 12th. I guess scripts are probably written or at least the breakdowns written thru mid-sept about two months out if they know she is not needed til then (NLG). They do get taping schedules for the month.

BH is on maternity leave til mid-sept. TG won't be back til after labor day I'm sure.

Lexi tweeted she won't be on much either coming up due to brenda's return. but she wasn't complaining cause she knows she has gotten great storylines and airtime.

Shirley at GHH2 said it was not wishful thinking that there will be more tracy/brook scenes, but I think she just takes her info from dish. not sure if she has breakdowns.

seems as if the hospital lockdown doesn't last more than a few days.

There is a new GH cast photoshoot with pics on soapnet. Everyone got new photos except JJY, JE, JI, NLG, LC, KS, BH and TC.

Franco isn't as annoying this time around, but it pisses me off they cut out the part that was supposed to happen with tracy being the one to know about him having the baby first. Oh well....I guess when they pushed the paternity stuff back they cut out anything with her knowing the plan, etc.

There were two tracy mentions last week (I just caught up). Ethan said something when lucky asked him about his job that "tracy and I get along just fine as long as I don't bring up Luke" and then helena said something about the kidnapping to NIk that it was between her, luke and the "screeching windbag he pretends to be married to"

Ya think the writers read the boards with all the digs at JE's haircut! LOL...it is kind of mean though to write that in as it is really the actresses haircut and not the characters!

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm not reading anything into anything at this point. Everyone/everything seems to be taking a back-seat to Brenda, and to be quite honest at least she's someone with history and not a newcomer. It's the summer.... I catch up when I catch up and I'm not worried about it for too long.

Looks like Mike Corbin is one of the body bags. Can't say I'm surprised by that. Can't say I'm bothered either. He's peripheral but that's one mobbie connection down, and not a newbie who wasn't given a chance or a member of a beloved family.

As for Tracy, I think they will be doing more with Brook. Their exchange opened far too many doors. Who knows, perhaps she will join the Spencer Sibs in getting LuNacy back together so Tracy will stay out of her business.

• Members

I don't know if Franco/Tracy was ever a confirmed spoiler, just a spumor. And unfortunately, TIIC can totally just show Tracy/Brook once a year if they want to, open doors or not.

I would think Tracy is around for Ethan being hurt, but GH suuuuuuucks at family stuff. They just don't get it, and they never will, not with Guza. It isn't about a few group family scenes now and then. It's about family interaction on a regular basis.

I still remember one of the last times Dillon was in the hospital, we got ZERO scenes with Tracy/Dillon.

ZERO.

We got zero scenes with any Q other than MAYA talking about Tracy being missing.

They don't get it. DOOL gets it. Luza needs to take notes.

• Members

Exactly!

It was true that JE taped with Franco or was supposed to--that much I know--even the date it was taped or was supposed to have been taped.

I heard today that she won't be back onscreen til October for sure when TG returns. She is off like Nancy. At least August/Sept. Maybe a random scene was shot before they had the dark week in July.

Anyway, it is what it is--at least she does have a story to come back to with Luke and I still suspect at some point the paternity stuff will be revealed after the dust settles with brenda's return and becky returns from maternity leave.

I do love Brenda and she is a big part of GH history so I don't mind her returning. I hope she breathes some life back into Sonny. I have always thought Vanessa was beautiful. I loved brenda and robin together and brenda had a great relationship with Edward/Ned, etc. I think she will be involved with Brook too as she is her godmother. I would rather see brenda than a bunch of useless newbies with no connections.

I like Dahlia salem who plays Claire.

oh yah...the two people who are shot are mac and ethan and the two people who die are shirley and warren. I don't think Mike bites it this time as he is in medianet pics with kristina and michael coming up.

• Members

I don't think she said anything harsh against Jane. And I was watching then. The only thing Jane ever said in the press was that she didn't agree that Tracy would be anti-choice. Sometimes interviewers can blow things totally out of proportion. It was TG and TR speaking out against the writing. Jane never said anything other than that one comment.

Personally, I think Jane, who is usually professional, never should have said anything. I think she was letting her own judgement cloud her thinking there, because the Tracy Q I came to know over the years would not have ever had an abortion. That Guza rewrote it that she DID, might please JANE, but to me, it's something totally OOC. I get that Jane is pro choice, but I don't think Tracy ever would be. That was one time she blurred the lines between character and actor that I don't agree with.

• Members

trying to remember...it was the storyline regarding Tracy blackmailing jenny regarding her having an abortion right? I think I even might have an article on that somewhere I saw...she did speak out about the character, not the writing. And I could have sworn Tony was talking about Wendy Riche's rein of terror.

• Members

no, definitely Labine's Reign of Terror - reducing Luke to someone who fed the dog and attended family dinners. The Charles Street Years were the worst, and I find it interesting that TG and I share the opinion on that one.

• Members

Okay I think he spoke out about both! Here were some quotes..

TG:

"I had trouble with Wendy Riche" because she didn't understand Luke, nor like the character.

Wendy didn't do gray, she did black and white, she liked to know who her good guys and bad guys were.

And she hired writers who thought the same way."

Said Claire Labine came into his dressing room one day and said, "I don't like Luke Spencer the way you like him. If you want to play him that way, go to another show."

• Members

Yep, it was the Jenny SL. Jane did say a few things in the mags at the time, that she just didn't agree with her character's part in the SL. She never was specific about what she disagreed with, at least, not at that time, not in the press. Just that she was unhappy with her part in it, and that SL was part of the reason she chose to leave when her contract was up. She really enjoyed working with Gerry Anthony (Marco) during the SL, but was also unhappy about the fact that she and GA had so little to do together, when they had apparently been promised a big SL together. (GA said the same thing later, that they were expecting more, and were disappointed it wasn't more, and that was part of the reason he became unhappy, also. They adored working together, apparently. )

At any rate...Jane never bashed the writers, she just made it clear she didn't like what she had to do in the SL. Which to me isn't the same thing, she wasn't saying the writers sucked or anything.

TR was the main person complaining when GM first came back(he had already left when WR took over). TG complained a bit, too, but I can't remember specifics.

I DO remember Jane also speaking out in 96 when she came back before going to The City. It concerned the treatment of Justus at the hands of her character. Jane adamantly insisted that while Tracy might be a snob, she wasn't prejudiced, and she hated that Tracy was written as being that way towards Justus. I believe Richard Culliton was the HW then, but it might have been Guza. I always felt that the friendship with Tracy/Jacob on The City was in part due to Jane's strong feelings about the Tracy/Justus conflict, and how she treated him having nothing to do with the color of his skin. Maybe she felt showing Tracy being friends with an AA male would repair the damage? I don't know. I just know I loved them in scenes, they were one of the best parts of Jane's time on that show.

I don't mind it that JE can be outspoken (although she's been rather quiet this time around, and that kills me, because I know she has opinions, LOL), but I rather like it that she's not just another EWCBO clone, opening her mouth and giving opinions on everything, when no one asked her to. LOLOL

Edited by ILoveTracyQ

• Members

Wow.... wasn't she a sweetheart, dry.gif

He certainly hasn't been shy about the treatment of Luke over the years. Who knows what he will say after he's left GH - if anything. Labine had the "Reign of Terror" associated with her, but the general period of the 90's was horrible for Luke. When I see people crow about how wonderful Luke and LnL were in the 90's, my consistent responses is fine... glad you enjoyed it, but that WASN'T Luke. 70's Luke, 80's Luke and 00's Luke are the consistent ones. The 90's was the aberration.

I wish JE would have another interview.... I want to see what's up with her. I agree she will never be a TR or EWCBO, using the press to cover for their lack of career (thank God) but still it would be nice for a catch-up.

• Members

Tracy and Luke will turn out the lights together. I imagine they are now enjoying their working and time off so much that there's little to entice either away - at least that's the impression TG is always giving. Nice to have it confirmed however, this will be the second time she's re-signed with GH... another ground breaker since the last time was the first time she'd every re-signed with any show. I'm sure it's influenced by pragmatism, but she wouldn't be sticking around if she didn't enjoy herself.

They should have offed LC the other year.... I have no idea why they even keep her around. JI is a stretch, but at least he's got legitimate blood-kin on the canvas.