• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Enjoy your time Hooked.

I actually watched the Emmys this year - which is rare for me. CBS did a butcher job, making it more about Vegas and Regis than Daytime.... sigh.....

Betty White earned B&B their Best Show Emmy - the snapshots were quite amazing. I can now see why the pundits thought it was a contest between GH and B&B. Their win was legit.

ATWT took both Best Actor/Actress, which I thought quite a fitting tribute to that show's final year.

DG DIDN'T win - which is good. Now perhaps that actor will start to fade a bit. We're never privy to back-room politics, but if some of the lesser things that have emerged are even a little true, it's time to turn this kid's publicity off.

JMB too a second Younger Actress, which was great. GH also got Best Directed.

No one show walked away with anything, although ATWT was the night's biggest winner. I haven't seen the technical awards yet.

Next year ABC doesn't have much to do to be better with this show. They didn't show actors clips at all.

The highlight was certainly the tribute to Dick Clarke and American Bandstand, but again that was more about Vegas than daytime. They tried to put too much into a two hour show and didn't do it well. The last 15 minutes felt incredibly rushed.

• Members

Cool. Thanks Luv. Nice to hear she's keeping her hand in the technical stuff.

Okay, it wasn't just me.... I thought that too. Now I have to go back and look again, lol....

If she is there, it's by stealth.

EDIT - ugh... even on slow mo with no audio, I can't stand watching Regis. What a hideous opening that was... I'm going to tweet someone to find out!

Edited by remos

• Members

They had to buy tickets if they weren't nominated or weren't the chosen ones who abc wants there for face time

going to see dime show my friends daughter is in tonight. Went to see columbia today. What a nice campus

I wonder if je might be going to direct there when she stops acting.

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

ABC hardly got any "face time". Lucci was about it. Everything else was very CBS focused, even the panning of the crowd. At one point I saw GHers on two separate sides of the aisles but they weren't seated in clumps like the B&B group was, right up front. We didn't even see JJ or KeMo except to present. I saw BA once or twice, and he was on the red carpet along with LA/NP and CH. That was just about all GH had to show for itself. Then JMB and the directors were shown when they won. JE could have been there supporting any number of people and we would never have known it. Now my personal assumption was that she wasn't and that when the director mentioned her name it was after someone called it out, but the way it happened certainly suggests that the acknowledgement of her was either a reminder (which we didn't hear) or seeing her directly.

That would be a nice transition for her - she did say that she wanted to do that again. Then Tracy would be around if they needed her.

Is your son going to Columbia? Is he that old yet?

• Members

No he is going to be a junior, he would never get in. It is the hardest ivy league to get in these days. I just wanted to see it.

I could see je doing that to have s job when and if they needed to write her out.

She was a producer tho before not director on loving I think.

Kimberly is in director school program I think