Commander & Chief

Roman

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I forgot to watch this! I think had the Creator remained with the show it would've found it's footing creatively and been able to bounce back in the ratings.

Stephen Bochco despite creating classics like Murder One and NYPD Blue was all wrong for this type of show and sealed it's fate. Mark-Paul Gosselear was a terrible addition to the cast and the characters became shallow and one-dimensional.

I completely forgot about this weeks episode, so I have no clue how Bochco's replacement is doing. BTW, that is his name right? I have a feeling I'm misspelling it or something.

• Members

I don't see how this show is cancelled, why even bother to bring it back then??? I'm really pissed that they didn't make any changes they need to bring back the original music, get rid of Mac's mommy in the white house, her husband should not be working for her he needs to focus on being the first man, and get rid of mark-paul Gosselar. It was a good eppy, but they still need to make some change.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Apr 14 2006, 02:34 AM)

I forgot to watch this! I think had the Creator remained with the show it would've found it's footing creatively and been able to bounce back in the ratings.

Stephen Bochco despite creating classics like Murder One and NYPD Blue was all wrong for this type of show and sealed it's fate. Mark-Paul Gosselear was a terrible addition to the cast and the characters became shallow and one-dimensional.

I completely forgot about this weeks episode, so I have no clue how Bochco's replacement is doing. BTW, that is his name right? I have a feeling I'm misspelling it or something.

The new EP is Dee Johnson...I remember she formerly was a producer on Melrose Place.

• Members

Can somebody explain the ratings situation with this show?

I could have sworn that when the season began, the show was constantly in the Top 20, alongside NBC's "Medium," the latter of which is considered a hit (or has that started dropping too?) Now, suddenly, "Commander in Chief" is being touted as a ratings failure by Access Hollywood, or whatever that show is.

Did the show suddenly stop performing well after its initial couple of weeks, or are we living in times when a Top 20 show (out of 100-plus) is not good enough? I KNOW for a fact that the show was in the Top 20 at least three times.

• Members

I think when Rod Lurie the creator of CIC was "out" the show went through creative changes and was therefore off for a while to give Steve Boncho time to adjust, that hurt ratings. Then when they came back the show sort of lost focus to what Lurie had intended and what it was when it premeiere and that hurt the ratings, plus coupled with the American Idol 2006 debut who CIC was competing against hurt ratings. And now it's been gone for awhile again, therefore perhaps hurting ratings and on a new day. We'll see.

• Members

If this show gets canned, it's on ABC's head. I know scrips were slow in coming, but if they never would have pre-emted the show, it would not have lost viewers. Whoever botched this should be canned.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Apr 17 2006, 02:13 PM)

Shane, with the behind the scenes shake ups (Bochco's vision was very unpopular) and being up against House, the show really dropped in the ratings.

Thanks Chris! It did have a few good weeks, though, right? At the beginning.

Sad, sad situation to be blamed on ABC. I guess they want everything to have DH, Lost, Gray's #'s, and that's just not possible. They should be ashamed: not three years ago, the network was at the bottom of the barrel (a position now held by NBC).

Archived