"Real World" Does Denver

Ryan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL.

God will this show just die already?

I was home sick today and bored and flipping through the channels. To my surprise I saw Real World - Chicago being reruned on LOGO. What a different show! I forgot how GOOD it was. REAL people with REAL problems.

Nowadays it all just seems sterotyped, cliched and forced.

I want old seasons on DVD, dammit!

And Miami remains one of my favorite seasons. Not sure why but I ALWAYS remember that season (as well as Chicago) over the others.

• Members
it had !@#$%^&*] Flora! I loved that season bc I pretty much loved everyone with the exception of Melissa. Its rare that I love most of the cast mates but they were great that season. I have a hard time picking a favorite bc I loved the 6 w/o Melissa. Who could forgot the classic !@#$%^&*]ing between her and Dan? or Flora trying to spy on Mike having sex in the shower? lol. It was classic. I think the last good RW was Chicago. The show went downhill after B2NY. They sort of redeemed itself with Chicago but its been trash since

• Administrator

Key West is my first season. I really like the show. It's like Big Brother without the competitions. LOL

I notice Joyce Corrington was listed as an Executive Producer. I wonder if it's the same Joyce Corrington who was a soap writer.

• Members

I haven't watched RW since Chicago and even then I didn't see much of it (I should've, it's my town!!). I also saw some of Philadelphia, the season with Landon, Shavonda, etc.

Other than that, I like to watch the Real World/Road Rules competitions. Those are better than the actual shows.

• Members

My all-time favorite Real World moments happened during Miami and New Orleans.

The first was Dan and Melissa's royal !@#$%^&*]out on the staircase. I believe Melissa had opened some letter of Dan's that was sitting on the table, and when Dan found out, he was pissed! He got downright shitty. "It wasn't yours to open, you stupid !@#$%^&*]!" Loved that!

I'll never forget the episode with Flora trying to catch Mike having sex in the shower. She, Dan and Sara (that was her name, right?) were all standing outside the window, listening to the noises, when Flora suddenly gets a bright idea that Sara and Dan should hoist her up through the window to get a better look. So, up she goes, and her boobs get stuck between the slats, causing her to break the glass of the windows and come crashing down. Absolute hilarity! You could hear smacking noises coming from inside the bathroom and everything. And I loved Cynthia's commentary of it afterwards. "If I was there, I would've been throwing Holy water on all of 'em... y'all goin to hell, y'all goin to hell!" That was priceless.

My third and final favorite Real World moment happened with New Orleans. Danny had just recently come out of the closet to his family and met a man named Paul. They instantly fell in love, and Danny was cast on the show. One problem... Paul was in the military. So, for the entire first episode, Danny kept parading around the fact that he had a secret. Finally, he confessed that he was gay after Melissa saw a picture of him and Paul in an embrace and with a wink, he explained that they were "good friends." Heh. Anyway, Danny and Paul missed the hell out of one another, but Paul was afraid of coming and having his face caught on camera because of the military's don't ask/don't tell policy. Eventually, the show agreed to blur Paul's face out of the final edits, and Paul decided to pay Danny a visit. Next thing we know, Paul is outside hiding behind the bushes, shaking... he wants to see Danny so badly, but he's so afraid. So, Danny rushes outside, puts his arms around him and they embrace while John Mayer's "Back To You" plays in the background. SUCH a great moment! Loved the Danny/Paul lovestory. To this day, they're still together. MTV had a big special a few years ago finally revealing Paul's face once he was out of the military, LoL.

• Members

This show needs to end. I think we've seen enough of these !@#$%^&*]y, whiny, self-asorbed sex maniacs. The only two cities that held my interest was the first in NYC because the stereotypes weren't in place yet, and Hawaii, because of the fallout in dealing with Ruthie's alcohol problem.

• Members

The show needs to end.

This season theyre making a mockery of an eating disorder.

Whats next in Denver? Taping a guy cutting himself to release the pain?

What started out as a topical show with real people and real issues has developed into a scripted farce that feeds the flames of bigotry and ignorance, using people and their very real problems to score ratings. How can TIIC sleep at night?

Oh yea...in a pile of money... :rolleyes:

Archived