Sons and Daughters & Boston Legal

CSW

• Members

Does anyone watch these?

I just got into Boston Legal and I must say I spend more time laughing then I do with any other show since Arrested Development.

But Sons and Daughters is very enjoyable as well, and surprisingly touching. I recommend it.

But back to Boston Legal, this show (repeat this and last week but they are new to me) is so well done. The writing is crisp and the acting is amazing. There are some flaws and kinks the need to be ironed out but I do think it has a voice (on social commentary).

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What ABC needs to do is reinvigorate it's Saturday night. Put the lower performing but critically acclaimed shows there (Sons & Daughters, Crumbs and Commander in Chief), IMO.

It'll never happen in a million years but what else have they (or any other network) got to lose if they don't try. Saturday could eventually turn into a must see night (LOL, like I said, will never happen).

• Members

I am still pissed BOSTON LEGAL was shifted to Tuesday Nights to feature the highly hip and overrated GREY'S ANATOMY. I still refuse to watch the GREY'S because of that.

And I never have any room to tape it on Tuesday with the rest of the TV shows I watch on a regular basis.

To me, LEGAL was a much better fit for the 10PM slot after DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. Both shows featuring talented, older, "has-been" actors back in the saddle.

Is Shirley Schmidt still being the ever-so-wonderful [!@#$%^&*]-stirrer?

• Members

I see what you're saying and I used to feel the same way but I've been brought into the GA mix. I have stopped watching DH though because its novetly has worn off.

As for BL, Shirley is definately keeping things balanced. Her character is starting to develop as her ex-husband and her are embarking on affair because Shirley thinks that he's divorced. Slight snag, he hasn't actually gone through with the divorce yet. Do you how Shirley finds this out? When his wife comes to her looking to sue him for cheating... that is how she realizes she's having an affair with a married man.

But seriously, she's really helping the show. I'd say Paul is the show's true counterbalance though. How can you not root for this character? I'm not sure the actors are all has-beens just awesomely cast!

Archived