July 31 - August 4, 2017: Y&R Hits New Low in Women 18-49 Viewers

Toups

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shocking.  Not really.  There's no one even likeable on Y&R...and when I think back it's why I stopped watching in the early 90's.  There never really was anyone lovable on Y&R other than maybe Tracy.  There just never was.  B&B is the same.  You don't really love anyone on the show.  Victor will end up strutting around again, ordering everyone around or something or running the lives of his children, he'll continue to be an awful actor and some people watch, some people stop.  I stopped 15 years ago, came back part-time 5 years ago, and I've stopped again.  None of this surprises me.  It's not even about the writers - who everyone wants to blame.  They're awful - they really are awful -  but will someone just admit that Eric Braeden, Melody Thomas Scott, Thorsten Kay, Don Diamont...these people and I can keep naming them - are NOT GOOD ACTORS.  It's ridiculous.  Maybe you need to get away from it for awhile, come back and see it for what it is.  It's God Awful.  They need to be very very thankful they have jobs.  Because this is their only hope.  They won't work elsewhere.  Eric Braeden's accent gets worse and worse over the years - you look back to 1980 and it wasn't this thick.  Now you hear him and it's like he just got off an airplane or boat from Austria.  Horrible. 

• Members

Yep a big reason why Sally is gone from YR. She had the lowest ratings of any head writer in 10 years. Shes been a complete total bore disaster. Pratt had 353000 more and at one point he was almost a million more. When Sally referenced the campy YR she was she referencing Pratt which got huge ratings. I am sure CBS talked to her about it. I hope Mal gives us great story. I think he needs a strong co exec producer. Why not Wendy Riche?

GH this is so awesome that Jean/Shelly as a duo are going out on a high note. Wait until u see what Shelly Altman will do its going to be awesome. The cast just loves her spirit.

DAYS at least it went up in ratings thank god the preemptions were gone. Hopefully when Ron has everyone comd back. I am liking the improvements. Marci Miller is the next Julianne Moore.

• Members

Jean is in europe now i think with her daughter lol.  Shelly Altman is now giving all quotes in the new soap mags. Its official its Shellys soap and Shelly raved about Chris Van Etten saying shes known him since he was an intern at GH. Shelly claimed hes brilliant. 

• Members

Mal might bring the show to modern touchs. Apparently Jamey said he pitched a 6 month story bible to CBS and they loved it. Its kind of nice we have a head writer who has a game plan and not just winging or making it up as they go along. Sally was a miserable failure. I just think Mal needs a co exec producer to assist him. Maria Bell actually produced her best stuff with Paul Rauch. When Rauch exited its when she went south. 

Archived