GH: Frank Valentini Interview

• Members

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/general-hospitals-exec-prod-frank-valentini-talks-on-steve-burton-return-rebecca-budig-departure-william-devry-status-and-co-head-writer-change/2017/08/10/

He talks about the co head writer change, budig, devry and Steve Burton.

ings and goings that will impact the show, and more.

Here’s what Frank offered up:

How do you feel about Jean Passanante’s decision to leave GH as co-head writer, and retire from writing soaps? 

Jean-Passasante-e1502383603289.jpg

Photo Credit: Paley Center For Media

FRANK:  I feel very, very sad.  She sort of explained the circumstances of her life, and the timing for her was right.  Her daughter is living in Europe, and she wants to be able to spend more time with her.  Jean had worked hard for a really long time, and she wants to spend and have some time for herself.  Being the head writer of a soap opera is an insanely demanding job.  It’s never ending questions and headaches. 

You now have promoted Chris Van Etten to co-head writer.  What are your thoughts on that move? 

FRANK:  It’s exciting for me, because he used to be my assistant at One Life to Live, and he is very bright, and knows and loves the show.  He has been watching GH since he was 12-years-old. He just gets it. He gets GH, which is really exciting. 

Do you think you have an interesting and intriguing creative balance between Shelly and Chris for the storylines moving forward on GH? 

FRANK:  Shelly is the head writer, and Chris is the co-head, so Shelly is going to sort of take all the stories we have in place now and move them forward. Chris will be there to support and help, and figure out plot-driven stuff and general direction. Then, they will start to write their own stories moving forward.

Oh hells yes Frank is paying respects to Jean. He was very sad to.see her leave. Love how he said Shelly is the head writer as this is her soap. Interesting to see what modern ideas Chris has with Shelly. Shelly is a total gem ready for takeoff.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How do you feel about Jean Passanante’s decision to leave GH as co-head writer, and retire from writing soaps?

FRANK:  I feel very, very sad.  She sort of explained the circumstances of her life, and the timing for her was right.  Her daughter is living in Europe, and she wants to be able to spend more time with her.  Jean had worked hard for a really long time, and she wants to spend and have some time for herself.  Being the head writer of a soap opera is an insanely demanding job.  It’s never ending questions and headaches.

OMG FrRank gets it, what a wonderful tribute to marvulus Jean P and her wondeerful decades long legacy! im almost in tears

• Members

And it's even cuter that you can think that it isn't painfully obvious. If you're going to have two different accounts then you could at least make an effort to differentiate between them. Not use the same writing style and even the same vocabulary for them both. It's lazy.

But I guess you have achieved your purpose since you have gotten us to continue to respond to your ridiculous posts. Good for you!  

• Members

FV dfid mention giving Jacklyn Zeman some "fun" material, but, to be honest, under his watch, the way vets are being used under him often feels to me like faithful viewers are being thrown crumbs.  Case in point, the scenes lately where Mac and Felicia were caught by Aunt Stella while having sex in the bushes in the park.  Sure it was all done for laughs, but then, if one goes on to YouTube and watches the Mac/Felicia scenes from the 90s where the whole Maxie/BJ's heart story unfolds, it doesn't take Einstein to figure out that the current writers/regime has little to no interest in giving vets any "meat" to play.  Anyone who reads the threads here would know that that is what the viewers really want,

Archived