The P!nk Thread

YRBB

• Members

Any fans of the lovely Pink here?

She just dropped her lovely new single, and announced a new album coming out October 13, Beautiful Trauma!

It's been over 5 years since her great The Truth about Love, so I'm especially thrilled about this. She worked with Max Martin, Shellback, Jack Antonoff, Julia Michaels and Greg Kurstin among others, which is exactly as it should!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The first single surprised me. It's very in-tune with the times, politically, which I think is probably one of the reasons she wanted it released, and it grows on you. Mostly, I think she's using it as an appetizer. It's been 5 years since her last album, this feels like a warmup before they bring out the big guns (Martin, Kurstin, Antonoff, etc.). 

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I just wish she'd take some chances again with her music again. I know the last time she really did (Try This in 2003), it was a commercial flop, but I know she has it in her to do so much more than the formulaic albums she's released in the last 10 years. 

I don't think she'll ever top M!ssundazstood (nor has she or should she try). That was her first time taking a chance with her music after LA Reid forced that faux-R&B image and sound on her with her first album. I know she and Linda Perry had a big falling out since then, but Perry [and Dallas Austin] gelled well with her in ways I don't think anyone else really has. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I'd say that perhaps this song is a bit of a chance, even if I don't believe they're expecting it to be some big chart topper. 

I like Try This, or at least most of it, but I think she went too far with it musically. 

I agree M!ssundaztood is her most brilliant work, and I don't think she can top it. On the other hand, she would not still have a career if not for I'm Not Dead, and I think she kept fine-tunning it with Funhouse and The Truth about Love, the latter of which I found great. I'm hoping she's continue that with Beautiful Trauma.

I didn't know about her and Linda Perry. What was that all about?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...