• Members

THIS. Exactly. I give Sussman credit for copping to her failures and falling on her sword. I wonder if Kay Alden was there as a favour to her, rather than out of real passion. 

Jonnysbro and Jerry675 - who are one in the same, obviously, though Jerry's spelling is poorer than Jonnysbro...you cannot be serious about Janice Ferri Esser and Natalie Minardi Slater receiving TRAINING from those hacks Passanante and Altman? Janice has been a member of the Y&R writing team since 1989 and Natalie since 1998 (having been with Y&R in production since 1991). Any training they received was under William J. Bell. 

You are such a troll. Get the hell off this board. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's true and it's still drama that can be played out. But I find it more realistic that Mariah would be in a relationship first. Kind of like having Devon as a "beard" so to speak. It creates a dynamic that now brings even more characters into it.

• Members

That jumped out at me too. Was it said with genuine sentiment or a mock sentiment with a touch of bitterness? 

There was definite subtext that the show was not long for the television landscape but I'm not quite convinced that SS knows with any certainty how many years Y&R has left on the air.

I definitely think the comment was loaded and intentionally so.

Hey, if I'd been dismissed, I might not be in the most charitable moods. SS may not have wanted to burn any bridges, but that doesn't mean she couldn't set off a spark or two on the way out.

• Members

Sally who?  Let's move on.  They will never tell the truth; she's out and it was faster than most of us who wanted her gone could have hoped for.  Buy Bye Girl.  Now let's hope Mal makes some smart choices.  Signs are mixed given his past production decisions (good moves: giving Sally more episodes to direct after JFP cut them for pet boy Renfroe; bringing back Dean LaMont, generally bringing some smart directing).  Other choices i.e set design, music and costumes have gotten worse.  Writing staff needs major overhaul.  Get rid of script writers Montgomery and McLaughlin, breakdown writer Seidman.  Bring back Milstein/Schoettle and Paula Cwickly.  To start.  Burn down Victor's house; redo the Chancellor manse.

Archived