• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HA!!

But seriously.  Think about it: what would irk Sharon more than anything?  The fact that her daughter has hooked up with someone related to her ex-BFF and the woman who effectively ended her and Nick's marriage, thereby bringing Grace back into her life.

• Members

Haven't read the article yet, but love all of Khan's comments and Kman's defense.

From the parts posted here, SSM doesn't sound too different from other HW and show writers who come in with a few ideas and start to think long term from there.

So this lynching is just...meh to me. But I didn't find her totally dull...KA's influence showing without showing I guess.

• Members

KMan you're finally coming around!

Please register in order to view this content

Sally does have one point though. Too many people, especially on this board, think they can do everything so much better. You can't please everyone.

Edit: If someone offered you a six figure job, are you really going to say get back to me in 6 months when I'm ready? Like GTFO here lol

• Members

I don't see it that way at all. Is this not the same board that said the Winters have always been in there own little bubble? Do you really want them to have a black storyline? A gay storyline? An Asian storyline? Etc. No. I agree with Sally that writing should be fluid and that's why shows like "Master of None" (shameless plug) works. We all have our stories and experiences, and I don't want to be identified by the colour of my skin or the religion I practice. In that regard, I think Sally got it right. 

Of course we see colour. It's right there in your face how can you not see it? However, I think is that the colour of my skin does not speak to who I am as a person, or my experiences. We are all unique. As a Canadian, there are experiences I cannot relate to with other Americans. It's like people who say "I can only date xyz" Nah, screw that. I see beauty in every race as corny as that may sound.

• Members

There is a huge difference between acknowleging something and defining one solely by that. It doesn't mean pigeon holing just cause I recognize a person is gay. But recognizing someone is gay doesn't mean I have to treat them different than anyone else.  All I get from what Sally said is that the issues that would be dealt with in the real world will be ignored with the story. 

• Members

We've got another 2 months before Mal's stuff. So I think we will have some idea. 

Interesting that you say the color of your skin doesn't speak to your experiences. I've never known anyone to escape inherent racism in this world to the point where it doesn't have any bearing whatsoever on purview. That also goes for sexism, religious bias, sexuality, and physical attributes like height, weight, even hair color. 

• Members

11 pages, yall....11 pages. 

Please register in order to view this content

I'll catch up soon, but I will say that while some of the quotes from the interview does not enrage me as most on here, it does explain the emptiness and lackluster feeling the show has had for quite sometime now. 

SSM's entire tenure can be considered as one long transition period, from Pratt to Mal Young. 

Archived