Y&R: Daniel Goddard TV Guide Interview

• Members

https://www.tvinsider.com/320365/the-young-and-the-restless-daniel-goddard-daytime/

AN EXCERPT: 

You and Christel have performed all this with remarkable subtlety and restraint. It’s the lack of fireworks that makes the story unique.

Christel and I talked a lot about that. Don’t forget, Lily slept with Joe Clark twice and there was no alcohol involved, so there’s a level of guilt on her part that stops her from coming at Cane with a vengeance. She’s not squeaky clean and this has allowed the humanity to play out, as opposed to it being all about anger and retaliation. Whenever you see the submissions for the Daytime Emmy acting awards, it’s always about the guy yelling or the girl crying hysterically. I’m not a big fan of that. I operate within a more quiet, grey area. I don’t get loud until and unless I absolutely need to. 

Ahhh yes because that's exactly what you want from the leading frontburner story on a daytime drama - no fireworks, muted emotions and whipers. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"I’m always trying to find Cane’s motivation, even if it’s not obvious in the scripts. It wears me down and it keeps me up at night, but I gotta lay it all out in my mind. That way, amongst the catacombs of storyline, I don’t turn into a skeleton."

Please register in order to view this content

Archived