Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think Tessa is behind the sex ring or fooling anyone. I think that rewrite is to give Tessa a reason to stay with noah. She will be torn between following her heart and security. Which doesn't fly since Mariah is a "celebrity" and should be well off. Is Mariah still being paid like a gopher? See, once again, it's obvious the show doesn't plan long story. Had they, many choices they've made over the past 8 months  with mariah would have never happened. Now watch them attempt to create some silly dynamic that doesn't work, i.e the ladies scrounging to pay their tab without either saying I left my wallet at home. 

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope you're right. It's been nice having Noah back on canvas - even as a somewhat recurring character. Out of all the new characters, Tessa and Juliet are the ones worth keeping. Even Hockman could be worth developing. Unlike Scott, could be paired with Victoria, Phyllis, Lauren, Sharon, Abby, Hilary or Lily. Though he'll probably end up in a 3-way with Graham and The Worm before being killed off.

The Mariah digging for $$$ still bothers me. 

• Members

Yes! And Maddie got one day as an intern - shouldn't she have been buzzing around Neil/Ash or Neil/Devon? School started this week in my part of the country, so I hope Maddie 'learned so much' from Grandpa and Uncle D. 

It really bothered me that Neil has served as the "NO" man lately - No to Cane, No to Dina, No to Ashley and basically No to Devon. KSJ has never been one of my favs, but after 26 frigging years, he certainly deserves better. Of the contract players, only DD, MTS, EB and PB have put in more consecutive years on show. ED and CLB are right behind but both had several year gaps.

• Members

What did he say no to Devon for? 

But now that you mention it, he's definitely used as an impediment plot point. 

Ashley and Neil should have been a couple before the purchase of mergeron for much needed conflict. Again, lack of story planning is glaring. 

• Members

@ajsp35801 Neil basically was No man to Devon re Mariah. 'Isn't too soon' for I love you. Instead of having Neil talk about benefits of someone like Mariah v Hilary or at least say something positive - it was another negative Neil moment. Considering everything Neil has overcome, he should be written as 'glass half-full,' or someone who tries to help characters see bright side. 

You're right the Mergeron sale was botched, but I'll grant they underestimated MA's considerable talent. Victor/Abby, Jack/Ashley even Jill/CI should've been bidding against HWG. The sale happened in like 3 episodes, which could've been a much bigger story with Dina's considerable ties/history with key characters, underlying emotional issues all wrapped around a business story.

As long as they keep MA as the matriarch of GC and the desperately needed glue for the Abbotts - something horribly missed without John - I'll be happy. 

• Members

LOL So again Sally gets the blame? Mal Young -- now in charge of EVERYTHING -- just stood around while Sally did the rewrites???

Not buying it.

I think Dina's story picked up again today. Don't know what it is, but it feels like the writers have a plan. Cane's story still has more juice. 

Reed? I agree with you. I'm meh about all things Reed.

I don't like the Mariah/Tessa story either -- because I cannot stand Tessa. She comes across as a fake and a phony, and the actress has tics that won't stop. 

I also don't believe there's a commitment to Mariah going gay and STAYING there. If YR can't commit, I don't want to see this story at all. Having some brief flirtation or fling with another female, and then going back to guys, is a slap in the face.

And I'm already tired of seeing Mariah flashback to her kiss with Tessa. 

Archived