YRBB

Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

292 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, edgeofnik said:

If SSM was still in charge, Hilary would gay-shame Tessiah with a secret video, only to prop Tessiah and make Hilary look evil. Praying that doesn't happen under Mal. 

I tend to think SSM would write a more layered Hilary. Remember the show in December? That's when SSM was fully in charge. Hilary was a flawed anti-heroine. It's MY the one who plays Hilary as a one-note villain. 

31 minutes ago, Aback said:

I tend to think SSM would write a more layered Hilary. Remember the show in December? That's when SSM was fully in charge. Hilary was a flawed anti-heroine. It's MY the one who plays Hilary as a one-note villain. 

I'm thinking about the dozens of shoes after December when SSM firmly in charge. As I said earlier this week, Hilary reading Jordan on Tuesday was spot-on. I don't for a minute believe that SSM, who made EVERY woman in the show thirsty for a man and needs a man to help her with problems. Three worst examples: 1) Ashley needing Ravi's insight into her elderly mother. What??? 2) Phyllis/Victoria needing Billy. Gross. 3) Hilary needing affirmation/acceptance/conscience from Devon/Jordan. Offensive! 

Bonus (even though she's not on anymore): Jill getting fleeced by Colin and taking him back in record time. Vile! 

Do ppl here believe SSM made the show's women stronger, smarter and independent? 

1 minute ago, edgeofnik said:

I'm thinking about the dozens of shoes after December when SSM firmly in charge. As I said earlier this week, Hilary reading Jordan on Tuesday was spot-on. I don't for a minute believe that SSM, who made EVERY woman in the show thirsty for a man and needs a man to help her with problems. Three worst examples: 1) Ashley needing Ravi's insight into her elderly mother. What??? 2) Phyllis/Victoria needing Billy. Gross. 3) Hilary needing affirmation/acceptance/conscience from Devon/Jordan. Offensive! 

Bonus (even though she's not on anymore): Jill getting fleeced by Colin and taking him back in record time. Vile! 

Do ppl here believe SSM made the show's women stronger, smarter and independent? 

Yeah, you've got a point :D

3 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I think so too. I'm sure it will be pulled out when they need it though. But I also think we had a scene under Sally where Victor/Chelsea somewhat discussed it. We should be seeing the guilt from Chelsea about this as she plays house with Nicholas and Christian and Connor.

That was so long ago. I feel like the show has forgotten. I think we've heard the last of it until/if Adam returns 

1 hour ago, edgeofnik said:

+1.

Whoever wrote Devon & Hilary's divorce scenes should be writing the entire show.

5 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

+1.

Whoever wrote Devon & Hilary's divorce scenes should be writing the entire show.

Those scenes didn't have much depth. MiM and BJ elevated that. All they did was go down memory lane. 

Edited by ajsp35801

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

So who's responsible for writing these Victoria/Ben Hochman scenes?

It felt very Pratt-ish/Melrose-y especially with the electric guitar music.   The actor playing Ben is really bad - way too much head and eyes movement. 

I like Mariah/Tessa too though I thought the kiss happened too fast. I was hoping there would be a longer build up to that.  I'll be disappointed if this story is dropped. 

So basically is Y&R just tried to recreate something L.A. Law did twenty-six years ago? At least we saw a kiss and not straightening up each other's clothes. 

12 hours ago, Toups said:

I like Mariah/Tessa too though I thought the kiss happened too fast. I was hoping there would be a longer build up to that.  I'll be disappointed if this story is dropped. 

Much too fast!  Mariah feels drawn to Tess?  Sure fine!  But to pull her into a kiss?  No!  Mariah should be questioning herself. She she be confused. But I knew it would be junk out of the gate!  

Since Judy Blye Wilson retired the casting at YR has been awful. They need a better casting director.

Mariah is questioning herself. The problem is she has no one to confide in to convey that properly. Despite how they've centered her and spun people and story around her, how they've constructed the story took away her confidantes. 

Tess, her friend but is also the one she's falling for so she can't confide in her.

Noah, her brother but he's Tessa's boyfriend so she can't confide in him. 

Sharon, both her and Noah's mother. Her and Tessa can't sneak around if Sharon knows cause she'd have to tell noah or confront Tessa about playing her children.

Devon, they gave to her as boyfriend and she's cheating on him. So he can't know.

Hilary, they made into a rival for Devon so she can't know either. 

Only person that's left is Kevin and he's gone. Maybe that's why they are bringing him back. 

On 8/5/2017 at 11:36 AM, cassadine1991 said:

That's all I ever see in this thread. People complaining just to complain.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_rHdbjoaOBN2HXIdaQPT

Then stay out of the [!@#$%^&*] thread!  Tired of folks whining about the whining.