Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I tend to think SSM would write a more layered Hilary. Remember the show in December? That's when SSM was fully in charge. Hilary was a flawed anti-heroine. It's MY the one who plays Hilary as a one-note villain. 

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm thinking about the dozens of shoes after December when SSM firmly in charge. As I said earlier this week, Hilary reading Jordan on Tuesday was spot-on. I don't for a minute believe that SSM, who made EVERY woman in the show thirsty for a man and needs a man to help her with problems. Three worst examples: 1) Ashley needing Ravi's insight into her elderly mother. What??? 2) Phyllis/Victoria needing Billy. Gross. 3) Hilary needing affirmation/acceptance/conscience from Devon/Jordan. Offensive! 

Bonus (even though she's not on anymore): Jill getting fleeced by Colin and taking him back in record time. Vile! 

Do ppl here believe SSM made the show's women stronger, smarter and independent? 

• Administrator

It felt very Pratt-ish/Melrose-y especially with the electric guitar music.   The actor playing Ben is really bad - way too much head and eyes movement. 

I like Mariah/Tessa too though I thought the kiss happened too fast. I was hoping there would be a longer build up to that.  I'll be disappointed if this story is dropped. 

• Members

Mariah is questioning herself. The problem is she has no one to confide in to convey that properly. Despite how they've centered her and spun people and story around her, how they've constructed the story took away her confidantes. 

Tess, her friend but is also the one she's falling for so she can't confide in her.

Noah, her brother but he's Tessa's boyfriend so she can't confide in him. 

Sharon, both her and Noah's mother. Her and Tessa can't sneak around if Sharon knows cause she'd have to tell noah or confront Tessa about playing her children.

Devon, they gave to her as boyfriend and she's cheating on him. So he can't know.

Hilary, they made into a rival for Devon so she can't know either. 

Only person that's left is Kevin and he's gone. Maybe that's why they are bringing him back. 

Archived