Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MMM-HMM. Put it in the RAdam file. I fully expect Tessa, Zach, The Twins, Jordan, Ravi, Graham, and Scott all off canvas by November sweeps. The Worm, Juliet, Reed and Dina may survive. Kevin, Adam and Chloe will return and eat up all the 'vacant' screentime left behind by these mostly two-dimensional underdeveloped SSM creations. 

@Juliajms I love the Abby idea and it would work with her character. With 250+ episodes, soaps are perfect medium to create complex characters. Instead, it's still very black/white straight/gay, bad/good, etc. What happened to gray and ambiguity? 

• Members

All this mess about Mariah and Tessa and now you want ABBY thrown into the mix? Huh???

People are freaked out by longing looks and one kiss and you think it's time for another legacy character to go bi?

i have to agree with DeeeDee -- this story never should have been done. This network and Sony are too skittish and cautious and ignorant to do it right. They never committed to this story, and they're standing with their hands on the plug, ready to pull it. Why? Because of bigoted, homophobic idiots who they've GIVEN this power to.

i would rather we never see a gay storyline than to see this disgusting display of fear, cowardice, and ignorance play out.

If they go forward with this story, does anyone really believe we'll see something realistic? We'll see how Mariah and Tessa disrupted the lives of everyone around them. Ugh. If ever a couple was destined for background status -- WAY in the background-- it's this one. Because YR.

I am really angry about this. The hypocrisy from TPTB is ASTOUNDING. We all know the number of gays at Y&R, in front of and behind the camera, is high. Very high. Seeing this handled like it's something shameful and embarrassing and worrisome makes me sick.

• Members

I have seen these same people post in FB Y&R but these are also the same people who loved when Adam and Rafe had their kiss and slept together.

I don't know if you would understand why I say something. I think their just trying to cause their page to get really busy because for every person who says something mean there are people defending it. I think their not meaning what they say just wanting the page to be really busy and act like lying drama queens.

In my opinion they should not be given attention as they feed on that and want the audience. I truly don't believe they would stop watching. ( if they do they truly are ignorant people) Something in my gut is telling me they just want that page hopping with people fighting with each other. It's like they want their pages to keep busy and in the page rules it says no bashing couples if they are the same sex or whatever sexual orientation yet the Administrators for the page are not doing anything?  It just smells funny.

I wouldn't dare stop watching over the s/l, why would I? I also am not gay and I'm a woman married as well. I could care less if they feature a gay male couple, gay female couple or a bisexual couple. As long as stories are well written I could care less what the sexual orientation is.

Word of advice and I'm sure I don't have to tell most of you.  Do NOT give those people an audience and they go away and for some reason I think they do it for the drama and  shame on them.  Where is the humanity in them? I will not ever get why people can be so mean which takes so much effort.

• Members

I see alot of the "anybody but Mariah" comments. So maybe had Abby been the one that was in this  storyline, I think their might be far less hate.  They don't seem to care as much about her as they do Mariah. And just as importantly, Abby isn't in competition for a rich man, who is Kay's grandson, with another female they viscerally despise. They just can't stomach the idea that Mariah will end up with this nobody woman that they don't even care about while Hilary gets Devon. They see it as a Mariah loss and a Hilary win instead of as a win for both since Mariah finally finds the grande love and passion that they've wanted her to have. Which I'm fairly certain is the end that the show is going for. But they forgot the first rule of writing - "Know your audience". They'll never see that 

• Members

@ajsp35801 The 'anybody but Mariah' is code for 'anybody but Cassie.'  That was my point about keeping Mariah's original edge, damaged past, etc. Instead it's Cassie and a lot of long-time viewers would have a hard time seeing 'sweet' Cassie getting it on with a woman (or an AA man). 

And how 1970s cliche that this S/S kiss takes place in SF. Ugh. 

• Members

Absolutely, code for that.

Oh, most of them seem happy as a lark over Mariah with Devon. So I'm not so  sure about the AA man part. Unless they don't see Devon as one. But he has billions and a tendency to spoil so I am sure that helps. 

• Members

I was referring to Tyler. Mariah was introduced as the anti-Cassie with that unexpected adult relationship. I've never considered Devon/Cassiah as a 'real' couple. More like friends who are hooking up until something better comes along. It was an ill conceived pairing with the terrible set-up of Hilary v Cassiah. Mariah and Hilary SHOULD be thick as theives. Made zero sense. 

If SSM was still in charge, Hilary would gay-shame Tessiah with a secret video, only to prop Tessiah and make Hilary look evil. Praying that doesn't happen under Mal. 

• Members

I think they should keep  this s/l going and it should happen between Mariah and Tessa to me. I say this because it doesn't seemed forced and they have chemistry. A blind person would see it. It seems they are more than friends and doesn't matter what Tessa said she knows she was leading Mariah by the stroking of her hair and all last time.

It doesn't seem fake to me. It seems like what we see in everyday life. I also think if they keep going with it and it keeps coming off natural the way it has, this can get an Emmy for either one of them.  As long as they keep writing good for them as is now, and the acting seems for  them to be natural. IMO anyway.

I think that Mariah is definitely discovering herself and either Tessa is bisexual or can be also gay but may not want to come out yet....This could be a very good story especially for young people out there struggling as well. Again as long as they keep the writing good for them as it is now.

Now back to other stories on the show-

I cannot stand this Ben person it needs to stop. Ugh.

Victor is at it again with Nick and he doesn't give a damn Nick was doing it for a his mom? Why do they always have to do this when things seem to be looking good they have this happen it's so repetitive.

Chelsea I like her but she needs to come clean, I cant take she is lying and judging others but yet she is still holding Christian's paternity a secret which is going to be a huge problem.

Phyllis I can't with her and what she is trying to do to same her relationship with Billy yet she didn't work this hard to keep Jack? She is just a mess and how could she after saying all she said to Sharon about sleeping with BIL, well so is Phyllis she is doing what she condemned somebody else for only difference she is in far more and doesn't care what she is doing, she has no shame.

• Members

I think so too. I'm sure it will be pulled out when they need it though. But I also think we had a scene under Sally where Victor/Chelsea somewhat discussed it. We should be seeing the guilt from Chelsea about this as she plays house with Nicholas and Christian and Connor.

Archived