Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What? Where did I say you weren't entitled to your opinion? I thought it was pretty obvious he was plotting hence the extreme close up on Billy's huge smirk and wheels turning at the end when she left. But yeah, I guess we'll see.

• Members

@KMan101 You're right about not caring about a newbie - who started 4+ months ago)l - already having a sister. It just hard to care about 12 'new' characters dumped on show in a few months - most of whom are barely fleshed out and could be day players in many respects. 

The 12: Reed Tessa Benjamin Ravi Juliet Maddie Charlie Scott Jordan Zach Crystal Graham 

• Members

+1

Reed = meh

Tessa = meh

Ben = awful

Ravi = meh

Juliet = wasted, now a plot device (the one with the most potential)

Mattie = blah

Charlie = underused

Scott = miscast

Jordan = blah

Zach = plot device

Crystal = plot device

Graham = boring

(meh, blah, and boring = all had slight potential but not so much anymore)

And not to mention most above are played by lackluster actors

• Members

+1

Although, I never consider legacy characters as new just cause they've been soras'd or recast. So I don't necessarily see Mattie, Charlie, Reed, or Scott as new. But agree with your assessment. A bunch of meh, blah, boring, miscast mess. 

I've grown bored and barely watch nowadays. I spent that hour today researching and reading about what subs, warships, and carriers

make up a US Navy carrier battle group. It was quite fascinating. 

• Members

The show definitely needed the new blood (we were all complaining about the lack of viable thirtysomething men and young characters previously) but of course it's crazy to completely flood a show with new faces (legacy characters or not) without a purpose. And especially with such bland cardboard actors.  

I've quit watching entirely. I was fooled into coming back by MAB and now this. If for some crazy reason they bring back Heather Tom or Victoria Rowell, I might be tempted to start watching again, but barring that or some shocking circumstance I can't imagine, it's deuces until the finale. See you in 2020, Y&R!

• Members

It was obvious. First, Billy is never that nice to anyone for that long. Second, that smirk at the end was a SMIRK. Just no way to miss it. 

The actors or S played well together and their scenes were interesting, but Billy is definitely using Dina.

I not only don't care about Tessa, I hate her. Don't like the character or the actress.

There is no reason for Tessa needing to keep Crystal a secret. None. It's stupid, especially since she's supposed to love this sister. Her backstory is a mess. She left her sister in an AWFUL situation so she could go to GENOA CITY, of all places, LIVE OUT OF HER CAR, make money, then return home to save her? HUH???

And spare me Mariah's lesbo moves every damn time Tessa says something important. She completely invades Tessa's personal space as if she wants to swallow her.

We GET it, Mal. These girls are havin' feelings.  I have no problems with a gay storyline done right, but this ain't it.

• Members

That's the only thing about the story I admire. The show has resisted the urge to do "special" stuff with Tessa and Mariah. They are playing this like they'd play any other couple. I think that's a good thing so as to not confuse the viewers. We all know what these signals mean with hetetosexual couples. Y&R is serving viewers the unfamiliar in a familiar package. Only problem I see is Mariah is a heroine and Tessa is also a heroine. Two heroines together makes for a dull couple that'll need a big bad to make them interesting. 

Now we have this manufactured drama  with them both lying to Sharon for no reason.  I can't imagine the point of that at all story wise. To draw Tessa and Mariah closer together? To show Tessa trusts her? But in the grande scheme of the story, where is the drama when the "secret" comes out.  

• Members

True about Reed, Mattie and Charlie and Scott. Scott was totally miscast. The other three had potential but I can't say I care very much about them.

I haven't watched everything in each episode so my commenting has been sparse. It's not holding my interest very much either. I still have three episodes on the DVR and don't feel compelled to watch lol

+1

+1

Heather and Victoria Rowell are missed and very much needed to add some fire to the show. Hell I'd take Staff back too as Phyllis.

• Members

Ditto.  The momentum it felt like the show had after LA is gone and we're back to a haphazard mess.  

I'm disliking Tess more and more everyday.  I like CG, but it sucks that they've taken away Mariah's snark and transformed her into Cassie 2.0.  I'm sick of the writing for Hilary.  I'm tired of watching Victoria every.freakin.day.  Nick and Chelsea continue to bore the living hell out of me.  Phyllis is a Stepford Wife.  Of the new cast members that have potential (Charlie, Juliet and Reed), they are being wasted.  Cane's fall from grace has similarly run out of steam.

+1

The only reason to watch right now is Dina.

• Members

If only today's Y&R writers could figure out that you need other compelling stories going on so you don't have to keep hammering the same old ones five days a week.

The only thing I'm interested in tuning in for is "The Black Kiss" so that I can drop by all the message boards and watch the Lane heads that will explode.

Please register in order to view this content

Archived