Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

At least Lily was written far better today than yesterday's blech. I liked the convo with Maddie referencing her own past without the gories. Unfortunately, we've seen so little of Reed/Maddie, it's hard to have type of passionate feelings for them. 

Seeing Nick Victoria and Abby together really highlights how many missed opps to have had these siblings together more frequently. 

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1. Y&R also glosses over the contempt Nicholas has for Abby. Victoria has always been open about her complicated feelings about Abby & Adam but she's still had a relationship with them unlike Nicholas who has/had no use for either of them except when it's convenient.

• Members

If (WHEN) Adam returns, the writers really should create The AA Team (Abby/Adam) - they are the NE future and both have been treated like second class citizens.

The Abby thing has been bizarre - despite being tied by blood to several frontburner characters, her family interactions have been mostly limited to Victor/Ashley.

For example, how many scenes has Abby had with her nephew Reed (related through both Victoria and Billy)? There's so much more that can be done with the only Abbott/Newman hybrid. 

• Members

The Ravi and Ashley scenes worked MUCH better within the context of the larger episode.

Jack & Dina's scenes were also really good. Having Marla Addams back has been great.

Traci's absence is still a glaring issue.

Tessa needs to be recast. So does Benjamin.

• Members

@slick jones Ravi is another SSM underdeveloped character that was placed with 3 old ladies v incorporating him with a better set. I've actually grown to like the actor a lot more than I thought - and it's a benefit to have another diverse actor on canvas -  so I'd like to see them reset Ravi. 

Rhetorical Q:  If Jill is OK with Cane living in her most prized possession - the Chancellor Mansion - why wouldn't Jill hire Cane back at CI? Oops another SSM giant plot hole. 

• Members

Just finished last week's episode...

LIKED: the buildup to Nick and Victor confrontation at Nick's ex house

Anything Dina.

Gasping at the reveal of Crystal being Tessa's sister.

Surprisingly Sharon/Scott. Just easy breezy.

That said...the week just seem so haphazard rather than the focus it has had for weeks pre-HW change announcement.

• Members

Wait, folks didn't know that Crystal would be Tessa's sister??

Benjamin and Victoria's scenes were so snooze-worthy, I found myself shifting in my seat, hoping not to drift off.

Whoa Daddy, young John Abbott was quite the looker in those scenes.  Maybe they should wait a bit and bring him back as another character (perhaps a recast Benjamin Hochman?)

Dina's interactions with Gloria are kind of funny. Dina the Diva likes almond milk and lavender and sandalwood scented candles, from the looks of that rider/list she handed Gloria.  Marla Adams has been doing some good scene work with everyone, she's a pro.

I did think those cabin scenes between Ashley and Ravi were good- are they really going to ruin things by making the relationship sexual?  Oh that's right, its today's soap opera, so, of course, they will!

Ravi should've gotten a sister before Tessa. Couldn't you just imagine Ravi's blunt sister (played by Shenaz Treasurywala) telling baby brother Ravi that his relationship to Ashley is inappropriate? 

Actually the first sister we should be seeing these days is Traci. Her absence feels quite obvious, especially since everybody mentioning her in all these walks down memory lane.

Archived