DAYS: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Bons and Hats with the high five and butt bump. Haha 

Loved the dark lighting at the Kiriakis Mansion, police station and the Martin Home (I really liked the use of shadows in the halllway).   I hope they keep it to make the show feel more gothic. 

Not a fan of Hattie and Bonnie silliness. There's nothing gothic about Days it's just dull and campy. The ultra dark lighting makes it look like there's been a blackout.  I did like Adrienne ending up at Statesville prison. But that prison set is so cheap looking.  Darkly lit cheap sets and bad camp. I'm reclaiming my time. I'm not watching for the rest of the week. Sick of seeing Bonnie & Hattie making stupid faces. And Morgan Fairchild face never moving.

• Members

Ron learned nothing from the Denise Demuchio GH story; this level of camp with Hattie and Bonnie is too low even for Days; painful to watch. Some of the other stuff is good. Brady and Maggie scenes, his drinking etc.  But cannot watch the Hattie plot.  Awful.  And the Tripp plot is a perfect example of what's wrong with soaps today.  The climax of the story should have been the interplay of relationships in the immediate aftermath of Tripp's freak out.  Instead we cut to the next day. Doug Marland or Nancy Curlee would have played the night out for at least one or two more episodes and showed Steve taking Tripp home and staying with him till he fell asleep. And Joe and his Mom grappling with the aftermath.  That would have been more satisfying after months of this predictable build up. But the producers and writers think the audience wants to see a retread of Kayla being held at knife point (i.e. didn't Jade's father just do this with a needle to Kayla in January?).  

• Members

Eh it's not like they're going to last long. Morgan Fairchild's only around through this month or maybe next month. Hattie and Bonnie are a bit much when together but it's some much needed comedy and featuring two good actresses neglected by this show. I'm willing to overlook some things.

Really liked Brady and Lucas sharing scenes. Brady has lost his marbles over Nicole and Eric. Can't believe Lucas fell off the wagon after 9 years. Liked Chloe walking in at the end and I liked the cliffhanger of Marlena calling John.

Sorry haters to the left but I see a lot of improvements. The stories suck but I look for other things besides that, there's more to a soap. Like characters interacting who haven't and should, history, layers and subtext in conversations ... some of those things have been improved immediately.

• Members

Lucas has always felt second best...he didn't learn he was a Horton till he was almost an adult (with Kate admitting regret at Alice Hortons grave site her regret not having him know who his father was).  If you think about it...Carrie, Sami, Nicole and Chloe hurt him and left him for someone else...and yes Adrienne does love him..but she and Justin have a connection that can't ever be broken..so you know in the back of his mins..he was waiting for the other shoe to drop.  The one thing I thought Higley did right was show the irony that the one woman that actually liked him for him (Anne Milbauer)...he doesn't see in that way.  

Also, I always thought the Ava return story never made any sense because during her first stint...she had moved on from Patch.  In fact, she had become friends with Nicole..was dating John during one of his breaks from Marlena..and the show was flirting with EJ/Ava/Nicole when the actress opted not to renew her contract.  So her returning back to square one with No real mention of her former friendship with Nicole nor real mention of her dating John was a head scratcher..and it underscores a big problem with soaps...treading the same ground when plot d oesnt call for it (i.e. Anjelica being obsessed with Justin even though she had accepted back in 1991 that there was no future).

Archived