DAYS: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The low episode guarantees (and lack of money to up them) makes flow on this show terrible, besides the obviously high count Flynn and Miller have. No followup on Tripp or Hattie dragging Mar away. (Obviously we get some later in the week, but still ...)

• Members

Watching today for first time in over a week. Can't say I'm on the edge of my seat but the show has definitely improved. The pacing is so much better. Things are actually happening. 

I'm enjoying the little shade from the triangles: Justin/Adrienne/Lucas, Gaby/JJ/Lani, and even Marlena/John/Kate. I hope these kinds of scenes keep up. 

• Members

The last two episodes have been good. I'm enjoying the family connections that are being played. There are meaningful conversations, subtext, history is brought up.

I LOVE that they had Lucas there for Jennifer today. I'm so glad someone remembered they are related. Those were very nice scenes between them. Loved Jennifer breaking down.

Chad and Andre was nice too, although I hate he's Andre, Thaao's basically playing Tony.

Kate's hatred of Abby is ridiculous to me. Add some context to it. I know she favors Gabi but she looked awful Tuesday imo.

Hattie cracks me up. It's nice to have some comedy, as ludicrous as the doppleganger thing is. And I loved the cliffhanger of Mar in the straight jacket and John leaving her a message.

I even enjoyed FauxRo and Eric and Maggie wasn't as cold talking to Nicole. It's nice to see them used as supporting talk-tos. It works.

I think the flow sucks though. They should have had John, Marlena, Hattie/Marlena follow up on Tuesday and Eric/Brady/Nicole on today instead. But whatever. It just hurts the flow a bit IMO.

• Members

Finally started watching this show again with yesterday's episode. What the hell happened to Morgan Fairchild's face?!

HD is not helping a lot of these folks. But hey, at least the Hernandii are being downgraded.

I haven't started Season 2 of Queen Sugar - did they dump GV from it? He was good.

• Members

I wish they'd make Paul the unrepentant flirt/manwhore he was when he first arrived in Salem. It was refreshing to see a gay man (of color, no less) on one of these shows with an unapologetic sexual appetite, and CS played that so well. Dude is hot and has so much charisma. Too bad they made him into a generic policeman and lapdog for Sonny.

Archived