YRBB

DAYS: August 2017 Discussion Thread

106 posts in this topic

The low episode guarantees (and lack of money to up them) makes flow on this show terrible, besides the obviously high count Flynn and Miller have. No followup on Tripp or Hattie dragging Mar away. (Obviously we get some later in the week, but still ...)

Edited by KMan101

Watching today for first time in over a week. Can't say I'm on the edge of my seat but the show has definitely improved. The pacing is so much better. Things are actually happening. 

I'm enjoying the little shade from the triangles: Justin/Adrienne/Lucas, Gaby/JJ/Lani, and even Marlena/John/Kate. I hope these kinds of scenes keep up. 

While they binge Golden Girls and talk about Abby and Karen fighting?  I hope he writes the gays better on Days than he did at GH.   I really do. He brought comedy back, so I'm optimistic. (I wouldn't be opposed to Derrick coming back, either).

The last two episodes have been good. I'm enjoying the family connections that are being played. There are meaningful conversations, subtext, history is brought up.

I LOVE that they had Lucas there for Jennifer today. I'm so glad someone remembered they are related. Those were very nice scenes between them. Loved Jennifer breaking down.

Chad and Andre was nice too, although I hate he's Andre, Thaao's basically playing Tony.

Kate's hatred of Abby is ridiculous to me. Add some context to it. I know she favors Gabi but she looked awful Tuesday imo.

Hattie cracks me up. It's nice to have some comedy, as ludicrous as the doppleganger thing is. And I loved the cliffhanger of Mar in the straight jacket and John leaving her a message.

I even enjoyed FauxRo and Eric and Maggie wasn't as cold talking to Nicole. It's nice to see them used as supporting talk-tos. It works.

I think the flow sucks though. They should have had John, Marlena, Hattie/Marlena follow up on Tuesday and Eric/Brady/Nicole on today instead. But whatever. It just hurts the flow a bit IMO.

Finally started watching this show again with yesterday's episode. What the hell happened to Morgan Fairchild's face?!

HD is not helping a lot of these folks. But hey, at least the Hernandii are being downgraded.

I haven't started Season 2 of Queen Sugar - did they dump GV from it? He was good.

19 hours ago, John said:

Cant wait for Will to Make Paul & especially Sonny less dull

I think we'll have to wait for Will to be less dull first...

22 minutes ago, Vee said:

I haven't started Season 2 of Queen Sugar - did they dump GV from it? He was good.

He's still on it as far as I know.

On 8/2/2017 at 3:58 PM, John said:

Cant wait for Will to Make Paul & especially Sonny less dull

I wish they'd make Paul the unrepentant flirt/manwhore he was when he first arrived in Salem. It was refreshing to see a gay man (of color, no less) on one of these shows with an unapologetic sexual appetite, and CS played that so well. Dude is hot and has so much charisma. Too bad they made him into a generic policeman and lapdog for Sonny.

43 minutes ago, cassadine1991 said:

What years were the Brady Junkyard and the Brady Fishmarket active? I know the Brady Pub opened in 1992

1984-90/91

There was a different Caroline and Shawn in 1984 as well

Barbara Beckley and Lew Brown

Edited by John

Lawd. Can they do some flow episode to episode please? One day it's the Mar drama, the next day it's the Nicole/Brady/Eric triangle ... every other day. Can't they do two or three episodes in a row at least? LOL