Y&R: Sally Sussman and Kay Alden OUT, Mal Young IN

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Doug Davidson's behaviour on Twitter is really annoying. Who the f. cares if Paul wasn't featured under SSM's regime? The last time he was featured, he had a ret-con son and they killed his legacy son. Wow.

And he's pimping this prostitution storyline. Sorry, but that proves that the prostitution storyline is MY's baby. At first it reminded me of Bill Bell's PSA storylines from back in the day, but considering the turn it's taken, it's more like a UK soap material. Totally not Y&R. I don't care one bit if Wednesday Addams is involved. Oh and Paul as the Clueless Police Chief is ridiculous.

• Members

*Sigh*

Damn. I hate this. I have been enjoying a Y&R without Kevin and watching Lily and Cane being knocked off their pedestals. No Victor (though I know that's temporary). The SORASED twins are ridiciulous.But whatever.

Please register in order to view this content

I hope Sara Bibel stays.

This sucks.

• Members

Bill Bell did Both as Did Agnes Nixon & Claire Labine

I hope he has writers like Esser who can help him back Im also gonna see what he does

I feel on CBS the Trafficking story wont be able to do what they should do

AMC did this on Hulu with PP and they didnt have censors

• Members

Bill Bell had an on set EP that handled production.  He was not an on set producer running his shows.  I can't speak for Nixon or Labine, but I bet they had the same thing.  Bell's EP were in charge of executing his vision.  Conboy often didn't, but I've never heard of the others causing strife.  That's a huge difference compared to what Young is apparently going to do.  It ate MAB alive, that's why Rauch got an EP job.

• Members

I have never watched "Y&R", but this latest news underscores how crazy the soap world has become.  My guess is, the days of a headwriter lasting 15 years like Henry Slesar did for EON or Bill Bell for Y&R are never to return.  Actors would take work in daytime because it was a steady paycheck.  They may have to re-think that idea too.  I view this move with alot skepticism.  Everywhere one looks there is instability and mayhem.  This may be the beginning of the end for all U.S. daytime soaps.

Archived