Y&R: Sally Sussman and Kay Alden OUT, Mal Young IN

• Members

I agree with this...

Please register in order to view this content

I am really not happy about Kay Alden especially because I know she knows the history of the show working with William Bell for so many years and the newer episodes have been much better than the past before Kay came back...Been watching since the beginning and I know when she was on staff things were good.

Also I believe Mal Young is for the Phyllis and Billy pairing if I remember correctly he wrote that in an article I believe in a soap magazine not long after he came on.

Greg Rikaart coming back? I cannot stand it. How do they do something like that when people who were a total loss were not brought back? He brings nothing but stupidity to the show and s/l's....  I thought he was finally gone and he isn't even used and when he is the s/l's are not good and also ridiculous.  I don't see how they don't get he isn't needed in my opinion. When he isn't shown it hasn't affected anything and nobody said a word not even on the boards, seems to me it only came about when they got rid of him. I truly don't like or even like to not like the character of Kevin.....

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1

Although I didn't see Doug Davidson's tweet, I can imagine he's likely thrilled lol so I buy that. Paul was pretty non-existent during Sally's reign. Though I think him running the PD limits him.

LOL. Just saw Doug's tweet storm. I don't blame the guy but relax. There's zero guarantee you get anymore airtime. I hope he does but lawd. And God bless him for thinking MY will do anything 'character driven'. I'll give MY a shot but I don't have much faith in him. MY better hope ratings go up cuz it's ALL on him now. I don't care how much anyone "loves him".

• Members

He's definitely not happy. Lol

DD has been there a while. He just doesn't GAF anymore. 

Ah, I knew I had him to thank for the return to this one dimensional writing for "evil" Hilary and that offensive "Mariah is better than Hilary so she deserves her life" narrative the show started pushing after hevon's divorce. Sally's writing for Hilary was much more nuanced than that around Christmas time. 

He's also to blame for that heavy handed Phyllis is sex and Vikki is home and hearth narrative. I can't stand that either just cause it lacks all subtlety. 

• Members

I knew I was right about the article I read months ago what Mal said before seeing your post and all this transpired.

This is true...

I don't get how some can say anything negative about Kay Alden?

SSM I could care less about but Kay Alden has experience and a rich history and a lot knowledge of the show.

Also I'm not a fan of Mal Young at all.

• Members

Soapsuds doesn't like anything on any soap that is watched. all SS does is complain about how bad both this show and Days is. 

a shame really. lousy writers get long terms to write the trash that they do....but decent to good writers are canned not even being there a year. 

• Members

Are people in that comments section really calling for Avery to return and for Jill to be recast???

Related image

I hope MY never sees those comments. Luckily I don't think he is big on recasting all the major roles like JFP did with all her buddies. I still wish Gina Tognoni was playing Victoria though.

• Members

WOW. I did not see this coming. This explains a lot of the changes that happened that went against what SSM said she did or didn't like.

I always thought of Y&R as one of the more stable soaps, guess that honor goes to Y&R even if BB is burnt out, at least they aren't going through HW every year like GH, Y&R and Days

• Members

Dude, if you write one more time about net execs loving "so and so" I'm going to puke! You pretend to be an "insider," knowing what the men and women behind the scenes of the four soaps think: "Angelica loves Mal...", etc. "The cast of GH loved Jean..." Seriously, get some help!! You make these grand, sweeping statements as if they're fact, when most are just conjecture and fantasy on your part. And what the hell difference does it make whether Kay and Sally retired or were fired? The point is they're no longer writing for Y&R. You can finally quit your weekly rants about their low ratings, how JFP and CP had higher ratings, and how Shelley Altman should write Y&R - yada, yada, yada. Of course now that you no longer have Sally and Kay to grouse about, and you can't pimp Jean P anymore, it's almost frightening to think who you'll obsessively latch on to next! 

Archived