Y&R: Sally Sussman and Kay Alden OUT, Mal Young IN

• Members

not surprised. The show's been even more boring and badly written, to the point where I've pretty much stopped watching.

seems like Y&R heads are trying to undo everything they did? And why we're getting Kevin back... 

Please register in order to view this content

Nicki & Vic reunion, and Jack under a bus in 3, 2, 1... 

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, but you are probably right about Kevin. It would really explain why he was fired and rehired literally days later.

If this is correct, it would mean that one of the first things he did was to bring Kevin back.

Oh, this is going to be so good...

• Members

This is the worst possible news, and does not bode well for the show ever recovering. If one person on the entire planet should be associated with writing Y&R, it's Kay Alden. SSM, not so much. I've always found her work mediocre at best, but KA should definitely be guiding this show's ship. What a waste. Ron C., Chuck Pratt, Jean P., and other hacks contaminate the genre for YEARS, and KA gets a few months.

I've loved soaps for many decades, but I'm at the point where I think it's best to pull the plug and put the remaining four out of their misery.

• Members

It makes sense now, the casting call for Adam, Greg Rikaart's return, Victor turning evil so suddenly, the increased screentime for Chelsea, Philly, dropping Ashley's story love story Ravi was supposed to lead her to. Mal is going to take the show back to what it was when he was writing it between Pratt and Sussman/Alden and that was your typical by-the-numbers plot driven soap.

• Members

this entire Cane & Lily ORDEAL (I'm not even gonna call it a story) has been a sloppy mess from go, and not even the good, soapy kind - it's just been 

• Members

I guess he is the one that squashed Ashley/Ravi mess. I hope he gets rid of Gloria. She was Sally's pet.

Notice how I ignored you in most of your posts directed at me? Now I will just put you on ignore. You have gotten some attitude towards me and I don't know why but I am tired of it.

Nah I only do that in your hotness thread.

Folks here forget how Mel said he reads the boards. I am sure he saw lots of unhappiness in her writing and out she went.

I am sure actors also complained about their storylines....cough Dan Goddard....cough.....Christian Leblanc cough...my gay brother is leaving me woes......

And I still wait for Lauren's big story from Sally. Never happened...instead we got the Gloria hour.

• Members

The way I understood it was that Ravi would have a crush on Ashley, but they'd more develop into friends and the relationship with Ashley would open her up to a new love interest, but not like the guy she typically dated now that Ravi has opened her mind up to new things. It seemed that was where they were going (even chemistry testing Ravi with Mariah and Phyllis), but the actual love interest for Ashley never developed.

Archived