• Members

I don't know if anyone is behind or if it is playing this week yet so I'm going to post this over here just in case...

Per SOD...

Just as Cane makes inroads with Lily and promise no more secrets...the tech from LA returns...blackmails Cane over the fact he set up Billy.

In order to keep him silent (and cuz his pride keeps him from asking Jill for the money) Cane steals from the twins college fund.

Meanwhile...the tech also clues Billy in to the fact he was set up...and tries to make a deal.

Collosion Course in 3...2...

___

I know we had debated that there were still beats to play in the L.A./B&S story and it sounds like the writers are going to touch on the very things we had discussed in the normal thread. So kinda excited that Cane has not hit bottom...YET...

PS. Please have Jill around for this reveal.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At least this regime is writing Cane to being the low-class piece of trash fans have seen him as the past decade. We can actually grow to love to hate him instead of just plain hating him. 

Gotta give Sally props. The one thing she is doing right is not putting Cane on a f-cking pedestal like Latham, MAB/Sheffer, Griffith, Altman/Passanante, & Pratt stayed doing. 

• Members

Watching Cane unravel like this makes for some good story IMO. It's like finally seeing what we've known he was capable of all these years but the regimes (and Lily. And the Winters family) wanted to pretend wasn't there: Cane's opportunism when it comes to a con or covering his dirty work.

• Members

DG's rumored dislike of this story is astounding to me. So many interviews he yaps on about how "as an actor" he loves getting his teeth into meaty material. Well, this SL is a front-burner meat which is actually vaguely interesting and and digs into his grey-zone character. In fact, it shows how far Cane is willing to go to protect his perfect-looking trad life. So much better than mooning over da twins while mumbling "YouarethebestestmostbeautifulestmostexceptionalestwifeyinthewholewideworldLilyAshby" kissy kissy poo.

• Members

This is the best Cane's been. DG, if he was a real actor, should be eating this up. But he's terrified of losing the Lane fanbase, or losing that coupling.

We've been hearing rumblings lately of actors not liking things, like Sharon Case is 'bored', DG hates this, etc. but do we have actual proof of this or is it just their stans?

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

OMG thanks for the chuckle this morning, Cat!  LOL!!

Like everyone else on this thread and the Y&R thread, this story is what to watch right now (apart from Dina) on this show.  IA with you - DG should be thankful for it! 

• Members

I wonder about that too -- some stans cannot accept ANY SL other than the fanfic they have going in their head. I also wonder if some actors pander to their core fanbase (*cough*Nancy*cough*) while BTS are kissing the ass of the writers telling them "This is the best story ever!"

No problem. He's such a whispery mumbler in their scenes together! It really bothers me. I've noticed that when he is in a separate scene with someone else, and in a business setting, his diction improves.

Even in a brief scene, dressed in Chanel herringbone tweed, Marla Adams is fabulous. And not at all showy, OTT or campy in her fabulosity. She is just perfect for Genoa City, that midwestern, upper class, conglomerate-owning, country club-attending, old money enclave. With Kay Chancellor gone and Jill in-and-out schedule-wise, having this grande dame matriarch is so important. Sally Sussman and Mal discovered by accident, I think, how necessary a character like Dina is to the show.

• Members

That's for sure. All these subtle hints that Lame are short on money.

Please register in order to view this content

Please. There is no way in hell a model and her executive husband would be short on money the second he loses his job. Plus her brother is a billionaire.  This show is just ridiculous sometimes.

• Members

And with this being picked back up (Cane setting Billy up) I hope that means SSM is planning on a big reveal and Jill is there.  Not to mention a final breakup for LAne.

It also shows oh how much Cane hates Billy...which I am loving to be honest.

When was the last time Y&R had a rivalry going on that makes sense?

Archived