DAYS Script Reveals Role Has Been Recast

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel like she's not even on their radar. Maybe with Ron there ... but even then ... and she didn't really make too many appearances on GH when I think Ron was open to using her so I don't know if she's willing/able. But I don't know. I noticed she had a bit of a leg problem in her last time on GH. Anyone know how she is?

• Members

IDK what happened with Marnie Siatta. She is a Bell trained casting director who started there as an intern. Ed Scott brought her over to DAYS initially and she's responsible for casting some of the best younger actors Y&R has had. On DAYS they've struggled, but hopefully they get Ciara right. They also need to recast Claire while they're at it. Interesting to see Lani will be sticking around. I figured Ron would dump her.

• Members

I remember when Sal was on All My Children and people just raved about her and wanted her to be nominated for an Emmy. I don't know what they saw lol. I love both characters she's played and often the stories are interesting, but her acting is so bad it takes me out of it. I feel bad wishing she'd leave because I like the diversity (especially on DAYS which struggles with it), but I really wish they'd recast Lani.

• Members

The fact that Sal Stowers, Vivienne Giovanni and James Lastovic continued to have air time for more than a year is evidence of the true incompetence of the casting director and executive producers.  Imagine a Bill Bell or Gloria Monty or Paul Rauch keeping these three on the screen and often together?!  The people running these shows are not creative producers and I put Valentini in that group.  On Days, under Ken, you have Greg Meng who has been a corporate suit (not an artist or theatre person), Albert Alaar, a director.  Valentini is a published photographer and with small budgets he makes GH and its look very good, if you like the stylized version of a show.  Mal Young is the only one who has produced drama, written story, directed; and while he may be suitable to produce a daytime soap, he's saddled with Sally's "dull as dishwater" stories plus super poor casting choices (again made by incompetent corporate suits like McDaniel) who want to see Barbie and Ken Dolls who can't act on the screen.  It's unfortunate that Ron Carlivati is writing for Sal Stowers.  She is beyond awful and in no way should be taking up air time on a show that can barely hold on to 2 million viewers.

Archived