frequentsoapfan

Victoria Rowell's Rich and the Ruthless

34 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, xtr said:

lol at this preview. I think that show is supposed to be deliberately OTT. It is about a soap within a soap. I think that some of the parts in the preview that are OTT/cheesy/cheeky could be scenes from the "fake soap" in the show. Plus, I think that a lot of the characters playing the soap actors on the fake soap, are purposefully being written and played OTT. The characters acting corny, cheesy, diva-ish, etc... may very well be intentional.

This might actually be okay once it's shown in full episodes. I might check it out if I can find it online.

+1.

It's taken on the websoap/zero-budget indie production model in terms of camera, lighting, sound. I thought Rowell and co. would at least be able to pony up for that if it's supposed to run on TV(??).

8 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

I saw the promo last week and I kind of liked it.  

ITA. It feels like Soapdish meets early-00 era B&B.

It feels like Kenya Moore's Life Twirls On meets a YouTube soap parody video from 2008. But in a bad way.

This is.... wow

Image result for real housewives shock gif

The sound quality is on a par with an office bathroom's. It's not so much that the content is terrible -- I watch plenty of trash TV -- but that it all looks like a soap actor doing an at-home filmed-on-their-iphone parody in their spare time.

The red-haired rival, tho (who looks like an old Emma Stone). Can't imagine who they based her on.

Related image

Edited by Cat

21 hours ago, marceline said:

No. Just....no.

The acting and production values are too shoddy looking in that trailer and peak my interest. Looks like an old funny or die parody.

Edited by frequentsoapfan

Holy [!@#$%^&*]. What was Victoria Rowell thinking? Had such a great history on Y&R and now reduced to this? I wish she had taken the Michael B. Jordan approach and just threw shade at Y&R in passing, while seeking better roles.

The trailer is an embarrassment. Dialogue, acting, production values, just wow...

I look forward to seeing it. Considering everything I think it's amazing she was able to get it off the ground. I expected a low budget since it's so new and completely independent. If it's successful hopefully it can get more money thrown at it so it can enhance its production values. 

Also, it will also be available from Amazon if you don't have the channel it airs on.