Reinvent the Genre

• Members

Sorry for responding so late.

It was Dean & Troy (the blonde one and the guy to his left with the dark clothes), two men that Christine tried to set Nina up with but was unaware they were already dating each other. lol

StItW4M.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know really. I am practically the perfect prospective soap viewer, I grew up watching them, I am now a stay at home mom who is home doing housework and taking care of my kids during the day. I still can't imagine sitting down at 2pm and watching a show every single day. I could do it a couple times a week, or it would have to be at night. Oh and I don't have cable tv and the reception on our HD antenna is spotty, so I'd have to be able to stream it either on my laptop of the XBox. If soaps don't adjust to things like that, I don't think they can get newer viewers. My 5 year olds have literally never watched tv with commercials or tv you had to sit down for at a particular time. All streaming/Netflix/Xbox/PBS. 

I honestly don't even know where web soaps air. I assume they aren't on You Tube as I've never come across one and I watch a ton of old soaps there. I've never seen one on Hulu, Amazon, or Netflix. If they are on their own website, no one will ever happen across that without looking for it. Wait, I think I did see The Bay on Amazon. Put it on my watch list but that's like a million long and every other item on it is probably a heck of a lot higher quality.

Archived