GH: July 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Benard only says that when he's in a story where Sonny clearly does not belong. Why do we need Sonny shot for the millionth time?  The story makes no sense because Sam has no reason to hate Sonny.  This would have worked better with Liz in the story.  Liz actively tried to keep Jason from Sam and they have battled quite a bit over the years.  We also have to remember, Liz hid the results of Danny's paternity so Jason didn't know he was the father (bullchit story but it happened).  Why not have Liz over Sam's shoulder haunting her?  Why not have Liz shot in the leg in a hole as everyone tries to find out where she is (I miss the GH days where everyone raced against time to save a fellow citizen...everything Jelly does is stupid and anticlimactic).  Sonny does not belong in this story at all, but this is Benard's house where he dictates Sonny's presence every episode, Sonny, a murdering dumb ass thug, as the moral center of the show and where Sonny is in just about every SL.  Its beyond ridiculous.  I won't blame Jean for that, but I won't praise her for the trash she has to force to accommodate Benard's heavy eppy guarantee as well as his demands!  

• Members

They didn't use Elizabeth (and I totally agree that the story would have been better with a snarky Liz  baiting unhinged Sam. The two have been at odds for years over the Borg and now FillerMiller).  Putting Sonny in was just another excuse to feature Benard in twice as many scenes. Herbst's lack of airtime during Howarth's negotiations has been really irking me. There's no reason why she has been backburnered for Franko.  

Sonny being in every episode is as bad as The Red Menace lately. With Howarth off camera, they have had her on constantly. There's no balance on the show. Characters vanish for weeks at a time, but the pets always get top priority.

• Members

She's such a lackluster actress imo. Nothing about the last few days has been anywhere near riveting. Sonny and Sam will both be fine and recover. Nothing changes. Zzzzz. This story is clearly to fill their ridiculous episode guarantees. When I want both of them dead there's a problem.

Is Laura Wright still dating Wes Ramsey? If so it's really working for her. She looks great.

I continue to enjoy Vernee Watson-Johnson as Auntie Stella. Hope she continues to stick around.

I see they remembered Liz exists. Must have had to fill her guarantee. The show does NOT need Howarth. Wish Frank had let him walk. Howarth and deVry both leaving would have been heaven.

Archived