cassadine1991

GH: July 2017 Discussion Thread

55 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

I thought the Lee Baldwin/Peter Hansen tribute stuff was weak. It seemed to come out of nowhere -- because it did.

Hansen died on April 9, over 3 months ago. Couldn't these writers have built up to this tribute instead of dumping it in? I say "dumping" because that's what it felt like. We get a day or two of yelling and crying from Scott and Lucy....and that'll be it. The End. You won't hear another word about Lee or Gail, just as you haven't heard a word about them for OVER A DECADE. 

GH never kept alive the legacy of Lee Baldwin or any other legacy GH character, and that's why this all feels so forced and flawed to me. I'd rather see an in memoriam bumper at the end of the show, or perhaps with an end-of-show clip of Lee as Peter, introduced by Kin Shriner. 

Color me unimpressed. Completely.

What do you expect considering who is HW and EP

On 7/14/2017 at 9:02 PM, Juliajms said:

I love LW and I used to love Carly, but those scenes were foul.  Watching a woman put her dysfunctional relationship with a criminal over the obvious emotional needs of her daughter is not good soap.

Even this would be forgivable (writing wise, not forgiving Carly) if anyone ever acknowledged it on the show! I haven't watched in a  long time now because it's like crazy world where bad guys are good guys. That's no fun to watch.

3 hours ago, GH_Girl said:

Even this would be forgivable (writing wise, not forgiving Carly) if anyone ever acknowledged it on the show! I haven't watched in a  long time now because it's like crazy world where bad guys are good guys. That's no fun to watch.

I agree. Bobby, Jason or even Alexis need to be in her face telling her how much she's messing up. It's what she's always done, but when it's not acknowledged it feels pretty gross.

8 hours ago, Juliajms said:

I agree. Bobby, Jason or even Alexis need to be in her face telling her how much she's messing up. It's what she's always done, but when it's not acknowledged it feels pretty gross.

This and when Joss is grown she needs to hold this stuff against Carly big time. Or be pretty damn messed up from growing up with this in her life. Another crappy thing about soaps nowadays is how nothing from when they were children really matters. Or it matters long enough for one storyline about it, and then it's mostly forgotten. I'm just thinking of Blake on GL, grew up with crappy parents, had ongoing parent issues throughout her adulthood (until bad writing made them disappear).

Of course, on a show where no one really thinks murder and being a mobster is a big deal I doubt crap parenting will be dealt with.

Edited by GH_Girl

8 hours ago, Juliajms said:

Alexis has no business  lecturing anyone while she drools over Julian

10 minutes ago, QueenOfHearts said:

Alexis has no business  lecturing anyone while she drools over Julian

Carly and Alexis have had a pretty long history of getting in each other's business, even though neither of them have the right or a moral high ground. Didn't Carly tell Alexis Christina would be better off with her dead during the cancer storyline?

On 7/16/2017 at 1:45 AM, cassadine1991 said:

What do you expect considering who is HW and EP

The scenes were okay, in my opinion, but, they didn't ring true to me and here's why.  In real families, when a close family member dies, family will bend over backwards to run to the widow's side and then, undergo the ordeal of funeral services.  No mention was made of those, unless I missed something, which is possible.  I don't know of any family in the real world who would simply gather for a champagne toast.  Still, it was preferable to saying and doing nothing.... 

Where was Dr Bensch the other day? Sam ended up going to Griffin because "Dr. Bensch" had an emergency. After all that promotion we got 1 episode. One. <coughs> should have been Jeff Webber<coughs>

Can you believe that Ava had nearly fatal burns, but not a hair on her head was singed?  Also, I'm hoping they find Spencer's body so I don't have to watch another episode with him alive.