cassadine1991

Days: July 2017 Discussion Thread

191 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

LOL. There's been very little about what he plans to do. Where are these spoilers? And what's the Anne spoiler? I hope he doesn't throw her under the bus and write her out.


+1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not one word or one scene of his reign has aired.......and people already are saying he sucks and will start calling for his firing by thursday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was not a fan of his on GH, but I'm ready to see what he has planned on Days.Seeing that ValenVarni have continued with the pets since he left, I'm hoping for some movement in stories.  Higs has been so boring...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

LOL. There's been very little about what he plans to do. Where are these spoilers? And what's the Anne spoiler? I hope he doesn't throw her under the bus and write her out.

 

14 minutes ago, Roman said:

not one word or one scene of his reign has aired.......and people already are saying he sucks and will start calling for his firing by thursday. 

 

He's posted the outline/breakdown for the beginning of two of the scenes in his first episode on Twitter. Both grabbed my attention (especially the first one). If that first story delivers, it'll be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brick Flair said:

You guys are awesome! 

 

Sounds to me I should go into this Wednesday with low expectations and continue watching Y&R live and record DAYS to see how Ron C plays out

Ron has his moments but once his ego starts getting in the way again the show will implode, Days will be about what he wants on screen and not what the viewers want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Roman said:

not one word or one scene of his reign has aired.......and people already are saying he sucks and will start calling for his firing by thursday. 

That sounds familiar :ph34r: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know whether to lmao or scream at the people already bashing RC's writing on DAYS. I mean, it's just pitiful.

 

DAYS is SO bad that ANY direction is better than what we have now. Yeah, I know RC wore out his welcome at GH. Still, I'll take a couple good years from him.

 

This is all so reminiscent of Sally's return to Y&R. We got raves about her hiring...until we didn't.  I'd ask if viewers remember Genoa City before Sally, but they're too busy screaming "OH GOD, FIRE SALLY ALREADY!!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Ron has his moments but once his ego starts getting in the way again the show will implode, Days will be about what he wants on screen and not what the viewers want.

Have you read his interview? He talks about how he is new to DAYS and has to learn things and how it's a team effort. Unlike OLTL and GH that he grew up watching and knew much about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, YRBB said:

 

 

He's posted the outline/breakdown for the beginning of two of the scenes in his first episode on Twitter. Both grabbed my attention (especially the first one). If that first story delivers, it'll be great.


I'm going with you YRBB, and thank you for the update. please let us know if there's anything else they be doing.....I'm very interested because SA  is back in the saddle again, and Corday needs to keep his damn hands off of anything they do IF their SLs work. 

8 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

I don't know whether to lmao or scream at the people already bashing RC's writing on DAYS. I mean, it's just pitiful.

 

DAYS is SO bad that ANY direction is better than what we have now. Yeah, I know RC wore out his welcome at GH. Still, I'll take a couple good years from him.

 

This is all so reminiscent of Sally's return to Y&R. We got raves about her hiring...until we didn't.  I'd ask if viewers remember Genoa City before Sally, but they're too busy screaming "OH GOD, FIRE SALLY ALREADY!!!"


 I have decided to just laugh at them. they prove that it's not about the show or giving a new regime a chance.....it's about ALWAYS blasting everything even before it airs because they have nothing to do but ride through the streets like Paul Revere and shout how "THE BAD WRITING IS COMING!!! THE BAD WRITING IS COMING!!!" 

5 hours ago, Sindacco said:

Have you read his interview? He talks about how he is new to DAYS and has to learn things and how it's a team effort. Unlike OLTL and GH that he grew up watching and knew much about.


Couldn't have...because the comment read once it's all about him the show will tank. even though people will still watch because it'll be stirring up a crapstorm instead or just enjoying the show. always have that small percentage of people who won;t be happy with nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Well lets just say Ken didnt hire Carlivati. It was do or die here. Ron even mentioned this could have been a six week gig he was hired to write the ending of DAYS. He wants the show to be in great shape where NBC will want to renew it. GH was only supposed to be 6 month gig that was almost 6 years ago and now its lived on. Ron sputtered out last 6 months of GH. He actually said they were rocky times but he said he loved his time there. It will be interesting with Ron without Valentini under him. Ron said Sheri and Ryan Quan have been awesome. I am praying Ron saves DAYS. I mean anything would be better then what Higley did. She almost cancelled this show. Higley said she would never be back. Bye BITCH

 

Btw Ron has a strong team at DAYS he has both the Cullitons, Lorraine Broderick and Fran Myers.

Edited by JONNYSBRO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, cassadine1991 said:

That sounds familiar :ph34r: 

THIS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2017 at 1:54 AM, Sindacco said:

Have you read his interview? He talks about how he is new to DAYS and has to learn things and how it's a team effort. Unlike OLTL and GH that he grew up watching and knew much about.

 

I mean, that's pretty much the case for the majority of new headwriters to any soap opera. Especially back when there were 10-12 soaps on the air. But he has a support system of people who have watched and been with the show for years. Now, if they actually greenlighted a storyline where a newly returned Austin Reed slept with a newly returned Billie Reed, that'd be a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Ron C. just made a mistake today.  Angelica said that she was back in the Brady Pub again.  Wrong.  Angelica was presumed dead and left Salem in early 1990, I believe in March.  In January 1991 she made a brief appearance outside of Salem.  The Brady Pub was established in the Summer of 1992.  Before that it was the Brady Fish Market.

 

I actually think RC would have written well for Jack Deveraux if he had been given the opportunity back in the day.  Sadly, it's too late now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now