Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Members

I believe Linder's husband passing might be rather "too soon" to comment Esther being absent but this is also the same show that humiliated Patty Weaver while her husband, a legendary Y&R writer was dying. 

Forgot to add since it was mentioned about Neil and Abby lol but of couse Angell Conwell needs be back on contract. Conwell has been so loyal to this show for the last six years but the the show has always wasted her talents in the long run. This latest go around proves that Conwell can still viably fit into the show. Conwell should still be a leading actress for the show NOT getting the same treatment that Tatyana Ali got. 

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You didn't know about Leslie? She was an actual character at one point and even had a brother and ex-husband, although that story fizzled out. I do agree I'd love to see her back on contract. I didn't like her with Neil though. Nobody on canvas had better chemistry with Michael Muhney than her and she should've been paired with him, but she's black so that was never gonna happen since he was their golden boy at the time. 

• Members

I have to agree that Leslie wouldn't be more developed UNLESS they paired her with Neil again. Otherwise, she'd be doing the exact same thing she's doing now. See Paul, Neil for why contracts don't matter 

Speaking of which, not that I'm complaining either, but Neil has really taken a backseat to Devon writing wise for this Hamilton Winters Group. 

Devon finally got appropriate scenes with Noah today. I thought they went over very well. That was the most confident BJ has been with Devon's business type of dialogue. 

• Members

I knew Leslie was on the show with her (hot) brother, but I thought it was in the last 3 years or so. 6 years is a long time!

And please, no one deserves to be paired with that albatross that is Neil. First, the writers need to re-establish the character and then maybe I can accept him with a new woman.

I bet someone said the same thing about Y&R hiring and focusing on older women before they brought back Marla Adams.

• Members

Dina needs to cross paths with Esther.  Esther could be a little hostile as Dina didn't attend Katherine's funeral. Dina could explain that at the time she wasn't well enough to travel and that Katherine had visited her on that final trip and they had said their goodbyes. Dina tells Esther that Katherine cared for her a great deal etc and they reminisce.

Another small plot point dealt with.

Archived