Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Members

Has Aunt Jack given up trying to hire Juliet at Jabot?

There's not much else for her to do if/when Billy returns to Victoria.

And with Victor angry with the rest of his family & Jack what better way to get back at all of them all at once?

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I have some memory of that.  

For years a lot of us have been saying that Sharon needed at least some type of career that would not revolve around a man or acting mentally unstable. Although some are already mocking her upcoming story, it's better than walking around a Newman board room in a suit with Joan Crawford-type shoulderpads and screeching at board members like a banshee.

I'm not going to lie, I'm going to be comparing this trafficking story to the one that AMC 2.0 had a few years ago to see whether being on daytime will prove to be a plus or a minus in how the story rolls out.

• Members

I wonder if Sharon's scenes with Hillary today are any hint to them getting Hillary involved in on the trafficking story in the future, perhaps having GC Buzz do a segment on it? I'm not going to hold my breath that the show might actually try to paint Hillary as a multidimensional character, but it's something to think about. 

• Members

I care...lol

I'm not sure what the show is going for with Devon. But he's so annoying right now that I can't stand to watch his scenes. Especially when he's joining the chorus of Hilary haters. Especially when he's constantly "choosing" (his word) to be in her face making googly eyes. They constantly write him as some weak beta male. Very unattractive. And I love the guy. Lol. 

Is it that the show is just struggling to play him wanting/loving Hilary while still trying to tell us he can't be with her cause she's "bad"? I dunno. 

The visual 

The story has lots of potential as long as the writers don't twist it to center certain folks that shouldn't be centered. I don't know anything about the AMC one so I can't compare. I'm perfectly willing to enjoy it. 

Yes, I'm fairly certain Hilary will be featured somehow. Either kidnapped by baddies (I got the impression  something  would happen  to  her today) or investigative reporting. It's been months since the show had a front burner story that didn't include her. She's all over the place! 

• Members

Sharon going all Mama Bear on Hilary. Now that's something I actually believed unlike the very disappointing Nick/Hilary scenes. 

Noah being Ok with Nick's sabotage was too much. Wake up Noah! 

Phyllis should be tested with NuNuNuAdam - that would get Jack & Victor back. I miss Phyllis the catalyst instead of lurking for Jack and Billy 

• Members

They don't have anyone else to act as a plot facilitator. With Jill gone all the other female characters (including Phyllis) are largely reactionary.

And since modern Y&R has forgotten how to juggle more than one character archetype at a time Hilary will function as GC's resident pot stirrer for a long time.

• Members

I am now neglecting my better judgement - but - I didn't watch in the years where Bryton/Devon became a wildly fabulously popular character.  I saw something in the mags back then...he was Bryton Macclure or McClure?   I guess he grew up on the show or something and that's why people love him -  but - he's a horrible actor.  God Awful.  He's as interesting as a dishrag.  I'm sorry people.  But.  He's God awful.  If people are going to rip into people like Josh Morrow - he sucks.  So does Melody Thomas Scott.  Eric Braeden has an accent that gets more German or Austrian every year he works - it's crazy weird.  God awful stuff on Y&R right now.  Nothing happens.  I don't care about Victoria and her MS like her mother - her disease.  She's a snorefest.  I think back though - and honestly - Y&R never really had characters that I loved like World Turns or Guiding Light.  Tracy on Y&R is the one that comes to mind - I cared about her.  John.  Katherine.  They do not do a good job of developing characters on this show.  They never have and the dialogue has always been bottom of the barrel. 

Archived