Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, the kitchen floor stuff was bad. I think we were supposed to think Tessa was completely making up the chemistry between Devon/Mariah. It's the exact thing a 15 year old would do for her bestie.  If it were really there Messa wouldn't have to rub it in Hillary's face.

• Members

Oh, I'm sure you're right about us thinking it's made up. It was just to show that Tessa has Mariah's back no matter what, which is why I called it juvenile. It's like an intern is writing this. If they want to show Tessa and Mariah having each other's back then give them some real depth instead of using fans dislike for Hilary to get fans to root for them. 

• Members

Agreed on giving Hilary a friend. It could have been Juliet but that's not gonna happen. Jordan could have been a bit better but they've written him to be so dull ... It does feel like Hilary gets ganged up on. I like her with David Faustino's character, that's a nice partner in crime for her so it kind of gives her someone but it isn't the same.

HELL NO to Nick and Hilary. I'd stop watching if they wasted her on him. No f'ing way.

• Members

LOL

I do try and find SOME things to enjoy on the soaps I watch (Y&R, GH, DAYS) even though they're all bad in their own way. Not everything is awful and horrible

But man, I'd riot hard if they paired Hilary and Nick. Shame on anyone for even thinking that pairing would work.

• Members

Well, I don't see what new a pairing with Nick would offer story wise for Hilary. It'd just be the exact same story they spent almost 4 years telling with her, Devon, and Winters. Hilary fighting for a relationship and man while his entire family hates her and want her gone. I guess it'd be with Newmans and some folks consider story with them as holy grail and would make her more important. But, otherwise I see nothing new. 

Although, I did have an idea where Victor liked her moxy and thought she'd be the perfect mate to make Noah into the man he thinks he should be. Lol

• Members

Hilary would get absolutely nothing from such a pairing IMO. Only Nick might get something out of it in the form of a momentary diversion from his usual pairing and I see a similar scenario to Hilary's pairing with Neil, similar to the complaints that people now have about Cane and Lily, in that a young woman will be drained of her youth to be 'made' more compatible with a character that has had a long shelf-life.

There is nothing new or unique that this pairing would offer.

• Members

I also think they'd change Hilary into a misunderstood heroine or just flat out heroine as they do for all Nick's pairings...or even worse, they'd make her the villain to a Shick reunion. 

Yes, a real friend. Female. Younger or older would work. But so far, Hilary has nothing or no one. Not even Devon since he thinks so little of her. 

@edgeofnik Joshua Morrow does not want that Shick pairing and the writing is on the wall. I feel like he's in sabotage mode. 

Archived