ajsp35801

Y&R July 2017 Discussion

501 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ranger1rg said:

And I can post whatever opinion *I* want about the show. I never told you or anyone else to shut up.

i accept Lily. I don't except her. Just because you don't accept her doesn't mean she's NOT believable and looks out of place. See how that works?

Cringe all you want. Your choice, so have at it. Cringe for an hour a day for all I care. Meanwhile, I'm happy with the show.

You didnt say to shut up but you did tty to telk people what their opinion should be.

She's not believable as mother to these two but I'm glad you're  willing to believe  anything the writers sell you. 

5 hours ago, QueenOfHearts said:

You didnt say to shut up but you did tty to telk people what their opinion should be.

She's not believable as mother to these two but I'm glad you're  willing to believe  anything the writers sell you. 

Why did I know you'd be back? 

Seriously, you need to proofread before you hit SEND. When you wrote "you did tty to telk people" I thought you were losing it. Then I realized you meant I "did try to tell people what their opinion should be."

Uh....no, I didn't. I gave my opinion. That's it. If you were offended, that's your problem. You really need to get a clue about message boards and how they work. 

It's pretty lame to accuse me of "believing anything" the writers put out there. 

Dina is my new favorite character. Easily, the best thing of SSM's tenure. 

Is it just me or is the show trying to use Nick in the same capacity it used Adam in Newman family. He is now Victor's rival. I'm not quite sure if it works or not. I lean towards no. 

19 hours ago, John said:

Y&R needs to hire an older actress to play Lily

CK looks like she could be school pals with her own kids and not their Mom

I dont mind the twins and I think Reed is a good recast

Age really isn't the problem with Lily. Lily is the problem with Lily.

That, and they really shouldn't have SORASed her kids so soon.

5 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

Dina is my new favorite character. Easily, the best thing of SSM's tenure. 

Agree re Dina. Her return really boosted the Abbotts.

@ajsp35801 Agreed on Dina. Clearly they didn't anticipate how well MA jelled with cast and the improvements to Jack and Ashley. You can tell they are trying to figure out how to extend story. Honestly, all they need to do is make her the show's matriarch and have her working at Jabot. The Graham mystery is a bit tiresome and uneven. 

1 hour ago, DeeeDee said:

Now it's time for Mamie to return.

Yes, Mamie can do for Winters what Dina did for Abbots. But it'll never happen. Sadly. 

2 hours ago, edgeofnik said:

@ajsp35801 Agreed on Dina. Clearly they didn't anticipate how well MA jelled with cast and the improvements to Jack and Ashley. You can tell they are trying to figure out how to extend story. Honestly, all they need to do is make her the show's matriarch and have her working at Jabot. The Graham mystery is a bit tiresome and uneven. 

I thought they had dropped that memory loss thread but it's being picked back up. So I don't know where they are going? But, I do know that having Graham as her bio son is a waste. Step son works but not bio cause it eliminates a pairing with Ashley and I think ED and MS are just striking together. I feel like they might be able to bring some heat and I feel the show needs it. 

3 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

Now it's time for Mamie to return.

Which Mamie did you prefer?

If Mamie comes back it will probably be Veronica Redd. AFAIK Marguerite Ray is still alive.

5 minutes ago, kalbir said:

If Mamie comes back it will probably be Veronica Redd. AFAIK Marguerite Ray is still alive.

I like Veronica Redd. 

1 hour ago, kalbir said:

I liked them both. But if the character ever returns it will be Veronica Redd.

Marguerite's Mamie didn't get to interact with Olivia and Drucilla etc so the character didn't really grow until Veronica was cast.

5 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

Marguerite's Mamie didn't get to interact with Olivia and Drucilla etc so the character didn't really grow until Veronica was cast.

Actually MR'S Mamie did get to interact with Drucilla, i have Drus first and second episodes and MR was still playing Mamie and had a scene with her.

Y&R must be doing their own version of a DAYS exit -- announced in 2017, not seen until 2025!