GH: Actor out?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Please register in order to view this content

How could anyone say this with a straight face. Nancy is lying and she knows it.  Sam is with a man who threatened to kill her, Carly is with a man who just a couple of months ago called her a whore, Alexis is with a man who held a knife to her throat, Elizabeth is with Franco (enough said).  I still watch about half the episodes, but I'm disgusted at myself for not breaking the habit.

Same here. Most of these actors know this is the last gravy train they are ever going to catch and it's quickly coming to an end.

• Members

He was lucky they tied him to Alexis.  One thing everybody knows is that Frank is tough at contract time.  The budget is something he doesn't mess around with.  DeVry is a fool if he thinks any other soap would keep him in the front burner like GH had.  He's a decent for soaps actor but that's not enough to go anywhere else.

• Members

I'm still shocked Nancy still has a job. She was weak on SB and then chewed the scenery with her OTT performances for years. She's big reason why I can't with GH

WdV is overestimating the value of hot 50 yo men on daytime. He's talented but he's a commodity with plenty of actors that could fill his airtime. 

• Members

I agree on Stafford. They need to cut her as well but she's probably cozied up to Frank. Still not sure why they kept Howarth, but he probably knows he really can't go anywhere else so I'm sure he took what was offered.

Any word on the other dead weight, Michael Easton?

• Members

I tend to agree. I doubt either GH or DAYS can be salvaged now; they have both been too decimated by years of incompetent management. With enough extensive overhauling and work by people who understand the medium, I think Y&R and B&B might still be saved...but I don't see any saviors on the horizon to save those series, either.

• Members

Yeah....not heartbroken. Sonny's rivals don't last that long anyway. And there are a boatload of out of work soap actors in that age range who'd probably gladly take whatever scraps ABC's offering. What's left for Julian to do? Hold Sam's purse or Alexis' scotch bottle? Pfft.  MS probably isn't going anywhere---she's already taken peanuts compared to her Y&R guarantee. I'd be surprised if ME stays---without RBud (who is no loss either) what's there for him to do? His character hasn't even doctored in almost a year anyway, FCOL.

Archived