Battle of the Network Stars: Discussion Thread

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Robin Wright won't be seen in the new version of Battle of the Network Stars, will she?  It's my understanding that she did do Star Games in the mid-1980s along with several of her Santa Barbara castmates.

Speaking of Santa Barbara, both Joseph Bottoms and the late Richard Hatch did BOTNS back in the late '70s.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I watched the Sci/Fantasy vs Cops episode to see Lou Ferrigno smoke the competition again in the Tug of War, which he did. But, overall, the episode was kind of disappointing. They modified the rules of two of the games because the 2 "cop" women didn't want to swim so that was all male. And the scifi team had Ferrigno and Sorbo with bad knees so the teams ran as 3 rather than 4. With such small teams, it's pretty noticeable when certain people compete (or whine) more than others. In this episode, especially, there seemed fewer people choosing to do the more physical events. Lou purposely lost the dunk tank game because the girl who was afraid of heights and didn't want to swim was terrified to be dropped. And having now seen Adrian Zmed, I actually think William Shatner could take him.
I get that, in wanting to capitalize on the nostalgia factor with the older folks, they are sacrificing some level of athleticism and competition. But when you have the younger people whining about what they can't or don't want to do, you're like, wth did they come on the show for...money?

• Members

At 86 and overweight, and having seen Shatner travel Asia last year (on "Better Late Than Never") and just completed filming another traveling adventure, the guy's still got some stamina. He could probably take a few of these folks on. 

Please register in order to view this content

Archived