Would u take back JFP as EP of GH?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No disrespect to JFP, but, I think it is best for her to stay retired from daytime television producing for all the same reasons cited too many times to merit me repeating them again here.  I'd be agreeable to her becoming a music supervisor on GH again, though.  She probably doesn't need the money.  I'd rather see Tomlin becoming the EP than JFP if they oust FV.

• Members

I hope not.  Truly.  She was the EP during an era that was so shortsighted and destructive the show has never recovered.

During her tenure-

Luke & Laura divorced.

Laura shown the door.

Bobbie shown the door.

AJ, Alan, Tony, Justus, Emily, Georgie, Cooper, Logan all killed for no good reason.

Lila shown the door.

The stupidity of Ethan's parentage.

Jason and Sonny made the center and sole focus of the show.

I don't think she's actually produced a totally enjoyable show since Guiding Light.  And even there, her bullshit started about a year before she left for AW.  She learned nothing from what happened with Beverlee McKinsey and Maureen, and has brought that ego and miscalculation to every show since. 

• Members

No thanks. She gutted the show. It's still not recovered from her and Guza's reign of terror and propping of her pets. Not that Frank doesn't prop his own pets.

I'd take her back for five minutes if she fired Devry, Stafford and Howarth, but I'd rather not lose the vets again. I'd also bet Maura West would be shown the door. Finola, Leslie, Jackie and Genie would have to watch their backs.

No thanks.

• Members

NO It will be Sonny Jason Carly all week long

at least we get other stories

Plus Frank brings GH in under budget

Jill never did that

She did not have a bigger budget

she went over budget

Johnny do u read the articles u link???

No where does it say or even hint that part of Steve's return that Jill must return

• Members

Well, to be fair, Sonny and Carly and Jason and Sam are on quite a bit still. Nothing would change there, but the show has a much better balance than it did under Phelps reign of terror. Bobbie is being used well. I like the Scott/Ava dynamic. I like seeing Lucy here and there. Anna could use some work (I don't think the Valentin/Alex crap did her any favors). Laura and Kevin are a very nice pairing and Genie's airtime varies. We're much better off without that hack coming back. I give her credit for one thing and that's any show she's at is often visually better. But I don't know what the idea was behind a lot of the new sets on Y&R, tragic all around.

I absolutely hate the opening used on GH now. Blink and you miss most of the characters featured. Cheap and ugly IMO. I know a few like it but I don't. I wish they'd do a throwback to Faces of the Heart mixed with the ambulance opening.

Archived