Shelly Altman has renewed her contract with ABC

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jamey had indicated on a recent podcast that his secret scoop would cause pandemonium for viewers of one of the soaps.  Pratt coming back to write GH would certainly cause that.  The only other thing I could think of that would cause a panic is Brian Frons becoming involved in soaps again.  Perish that thought!  I have heard nothing of what became of that scumbag, but if he was wise, he would have assumed a new identity in a third world country.  Soap viewers do not forgive and forget things like what he did--EVER! 

• Members

I think Phelps coming back to GH would be the big news because GH fans would react to that since she spent so many years as EP.  

I could see Valentini being hired by Sony to take over Y&R.  It all seems to point to Phelps returning tho.  With Rebecca Buding terminated and rumors that Easton is going as well. Valentini's favs are being booted.  Shelley staying also has the smell of a Phelps thingy.  She hired Altman to AW, GH then YR.  They are long time friends. I can see Altman/Thomson as HW and Phelps back as EP..LOL....get ready for the backlash

• Members

Corday is never going to hire an outsider again. He couldn't work with Ed Scott who was the best Days producer in years.  Noel Maxam was also fierce. I think Ken will stick with men he can control. I don't see Valentini working under Corday.  Valentini would have a lot more autonomy and power if he went to YR.

• Members

I can't imagine Corday needing Frank for anything.  Corday already knows how to pinch pennies, so Frank could add no value.  Days needs someone who can shape characters and guide the HW.  Frank is not that person and I feel comfortable saying Ron would resent the hell out of Frank coming on to Days.  

Archived