Characters That Never Got A Proper Send-off

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My recall is that Jed was offered recurring,so chose to leave.

At the time, in one of the soap mags,Days dressed it up a great thing eg Don will always have a place in Salem,but Jed will have the opportunity to take on other roles.

The Hayes were offered contracts with fewer guaranteed appearances,which therefore meant less money.They were told  there would be no story for Doug and Julie.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Roger Thorpe on Guiding Light. I thought his "send-off" was horrible from when Michael Zaslow vacated and role, Parlato's Roger's exit was garbage too. I always felt that the show missed a stellar opportunity in not allowing MZ to finish the role. I think it would've been so poignant and touching to see dastardly Roger be stricken ill by ALS and for Holly to be by his side before he passed away. It would've given Holly a better story at that time too where they had her being a damn drunk and kidnapping kids. 

Please register in order to view this content

Seeing as I brought Holly up, I'd add her to this list too. They just practically reduced her time on the show after that dreadful Sebastian story, and totally phased her out after Ross died. Next thing we know, we were told she went to go live with her mother Barbara and never got an official farewell. Holly should've been on Guiding Light till the bitter end. 

• Members

Zaslow was never really given a send-off on OLTL either. I mean, it was great that they took him back at the point when he was in a wheelchair and using the computer voice. David was living with Cassie and then he just wasn't there. Or sometimes when the actors die they send the character off somewhere, like Langley on AMC. Louis Edmonds didn't get the tribute treatment that Ruth Warrick, Fra Heflin and James Mitchell got.