Ideas for a soap/telenovela

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would want to go either the mystery/crime-based route a la "Edge of Night" or...they did a very short-lived revival of "Dark Shadows" in the early 90s (starring Ben Cross). To this day I have yet to see the original (one of these days I'll start) but I did see the revival for the one season it was on and thought it should have been given more of a chance. I'll take anybody who can write well for these genres. Casting...well, bear in mind I've been away from soaps for a long time so my choices would be of the older actors I watched from before...so, maybe...David Andrew Macdonald, John Brotherton, Finola Hughes, Stephen Schnetzer...Victoria Wyndham could be the gothic matriarch...

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Actually, IIRC, the Dark Shadows revival had actually begun with good ratings (especially for Friday nights, but then Friday/Saturday night TV in the early '90s [and decades before that] was a lot more active than now), but the constant, constant Gulf War coverage and interruptions did it in. I recall that vividly as I had just begun my freshman year of college that January of '91. (Yes, I'm old!)

My grandmother loved the original DS (before my time), but I had only seen pieces on YT. I did enjoy the revival and wish, after the war issues concluded, that NBC could have given it another shot since it started out strongly enough.

Archived