Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cassadine1991

DAYS: Fan favorite Makes A Return

51 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Toups said:

But the show will need these ratings stunts. November to February will be crucial for a renewal.  I say bring it on and bring crazy DAYS again.  Can't wait to see all these returns. 

I agree to a certain extent. I'm fine with the returns but this is all this show does anymore. I want better than constant ins and outs and returns but I know why they're doing them. I get it.

1 hour ago, Taoboi said:

Well, Toups, RC, does do crazy so this will be interesting for sure.

I've always said he was the closest thing to Reilly. It should be interesting how he does without Valentini.

1 hour ago, Toups said:

I've always said he was the closest thing to Reilly. It should be interesting how he does without Valentini.

+ 1

9 hours ago, Toups said:

Yep and I agree. Should be interesting. I've always said his writing style fits DAYS

Edited by KMan101

1 minute ago, Soapsuds said:

Wasn't her last return a complete failure and not a ratings success?

Her last return sucked

So Soapsuds why the negativity? Its a different head writer.  Eileen belongs on days i actually think Ashley is a stupid role and bores me to tears. Her stories on YR have been crap for over a decade

I've always thought Y&R used Davidson poorly for the most part. Days actually writes for her but I know Kristen is draining on her.

I think under Ron the return will probably work but it depends on who she's playing. I still have my reservations about him.

Edited by KMan101

1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

Her last return sucked

Well that's largely because it was mostly her in a hotel room taunting Daniel. Like everything else that character touches, he sucked all the energy out of her.

4 minutes ago, beebs said:

Well that's largely because it was mostly her in a hotel room taunting Daniel. Like everything else that character touches, he sucked all the energy out of her.

Exactly. It sucked. LOL. It was all about Daniel. It was disgusting.

18 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I really don't understand why they can't just leave stuff up on YouTube. It's not like they offer classic episodes or scenes themselves. I could understand if someone was profiting off of them. But they're ridiculous.

And it sounds to me like they're trying to pull out stunts to raise ratings. Oh, look we have Sami! Oh, look we have Kristen! Oh, look we have Will! (And I have no issues with short-term visits if they move story along and matter but it seems like they're looking for quick fixes)

I'd rather they focus on building a solid foundation for the show, bringing back characters for long-term use, like long missing Hortons, Shawn, Belle, Carrie, Austin, Philip ...

I agree, but these characters have failed with multiple regimes and actors, so I'm not sure they should bother at this point (although I would bring back Carrie)

2 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Wasn't her last return a complete failure and not a ratings success?

I mean, does any soap actually get a *BUMP* in the ratings nowadays? It's not 1997 and Susan's teeth aren't flying to a 6.9 HH Nielsen viewing audience anymore. 

28 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

I agree, but these characters have failed with multiple regimes and actors, so I'm not sure they should bother at this point (although I would bring back Carrie)

I want Carrie back the most

15 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

I mean, does any soap actually get a *BUMP* in the ratings nowadays? It's not 1997 and Susan's teeth aren't flying to a 6.9 HH Nielsen viewing audience anymore. 

Exactly

Bumps are nice in theory but they need to be focusing on consistent ratings. But I also don't think the ratings system is accurate by a long shot

Edited by KMan101