What was the high/low of Jean Passanantes career?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Her tenure on World Turns was a low for me.  There was one worse though for World Turns - whoever was writing when the Kasnoff family was first introduced and there was an awful model-character Zoey, friends of "Sarah" Kasnoff....it was a brutally bad time on the show.  But I just remember seeing JP's name as head writer during alot of her time and it was just so sad for me.  It was nothing like World Turns had been in the mid 80's and early 90's. 

• Members

The problem with Jean P was that she didn't have the backbone to fight for the quality of the shows she was writing.  She was a company yes person...and that can be more of a problem then someone who is passionate about the product.

The only positive thing I could say about her and young and GH was that both shows were so so...nothing damaging was done to either show during her regime.  If Sally S took over on young after jean/altman..maybe the show would have been in better shape...maybe.

At least she and Altman fixed GH to the point where it's basic and boring...so it could be repaired if a good writer came in.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Highs: all of the stories she has written for Maura West. you might call Maura Jean'smuse.... for shows on both coasts. Maura has 2 emmys under Jean's writing along with several other AtWT noms. And Maura is the shoo in lead contender for lead actress next yaar's emmys for avas story on gh. Jean's writing brings out Maura's talents and vice versa. I can't wait dor both of these women to collect emmys netx spring. 

• Members

my name is jerry. jean p has a fanbase with more than one fan. jean has won multiple emmys, trained with the best in the biz, and worked with some of the best talents of her generation like hogan sheffer. she finally hhitt her stride with Shelly Altman at Y&R. their fall 2014 at Y&R was the best it had been since MAB's first year 2008/early 09. Ratings started to stabilize and uptick. There was something for everybody-- gothic story with Adam's return and passion and intensity with Phyllis's return. I couldn't wait to watch everyday. Jely combined classic Bell tropes with new modern twisties.

Archived