JONNYSBRO

What was the high/low of Jean Passanantes career?

21 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Cheap21 said:

The low? Your posts

Oh, we've got a winner!

Her tenure on World Turns was a low for me.  There was one worse though for World Turns - whoever was writing when the Kasnoff family was first introduced and there was an awful model-character Zoey, friends of "Sarah" Kasnoff....it was a brutally bad time on the show.  But I just remember seeing JP's name as head writer during alot of her time and it was just so sad for me.  It was nothing like World Turns had been in the mid 80's and early 90's. 

In all fairness, she did a very good job with the Jen/Gwen baby switch. It was the type of umbrella story that involved everyone in the ATWT cast. 

Everything else she did on the show was crap. 

4 hours ago, Scrapple said:

In all fairness, she did a very good job with the Jen/Gwen baby switch. It was the type of umbrella story that involved everyone in the ATWT cast. 

Everything else she did on the show was crap. 

maybe if she had a better co-HW and an even better EP

The problem with Jean P was that she didn't have the backbone to fight for the quality of the shows she was writing.  She was a company yes person...and that can be more of a problem then someone who is passionate about the product.

The only positive thing I could say about her and young and GH was that both shows were so so...nothing damaging was done to either show during her regime.  If Sally S took over on young after jean/altman..maybe the show would have been in better shape...maybe.

At least she and Altman fixed GH to the point where it's basic and boring...so it could be repaired if a good writer came in.