GH: Passanante OUT!

• Members

Honestly i think they should promote Kate Hall as co head writer. Shelly can show her the ropes and she is a young talent

McTavish retired like 10 years ago i doubt shes interested. I remember her GH stint being bad.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a fitting tribute to Jean P. 25 years and she was head writer for OLTL, AMC, AW,ATWT,YR and GH. I think she has head written the most soaps of any head writer in daytime. Jean I hope u had the time of your life. Beautiful song for Jean P

• Members

Well, I would suspect ABC/Varni will elevate Dan O'Conner and/or Chris Van Etten.  The veteran writers (Whitesell, Gold) are being hired to be supporting players.  Dan was Ron's muse and ABC brought him back after a one year leave (in which he was working on another project).  Chris and Dan have been loyal staffers on both OLTL and GH for a long time.  Shelly is highly respected and as long as Frank's there I see her staying as head writer.  And Jean confirmed in a tweet to Maurice Bernard that Shelly will drive story.

• Members

It's a definite possibility with ABC/Disney. Their executives and talent have graceful exits all the time. Star Jones was one who did not go quietly in that good night, blowing ABC's cover by doing a sneak attack in People Magazine and announcing she'd been fired live on air "after much prayer and counsel" - it was hilarious. 

Jean probably retired...or decided to retire after her contract wasn't renewed. Either way. She's gone. Hooray! 

• Members

Yep. The Star Jones thing was hilarious.

This is totally off topic but is Barbara Walters OK healthwise? Does anyone know? Even after her "retirement" she popped up on ABC news here and there and popped up on The View but it's been a while, especially for the 20th season she hasn't done anything for it. It's kind of strange. I also feel like her retirement was forced but I think it was time (you could see it on air she was a bit out of sorts at times).

Archived