GH: Passanante OUT!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Altman did decent at young before Jean P became co head writer at young.

I recall Altman on her own had started off well then once Jean P came on..they veered off course.  I remember an interview they both did while at young and the restless....and my mom (God rest her soul) said they shouldn't be co head writers togethrr..because they agreed too much and that there should be a differing voice as co head writer to balance one another out (i.e Malone and Griffith on OLTL in the 90s..for instance.  Curlee and Pam Long on GL in the late 80s....)

If Altman gets a co headwriter...it should be someone fresh that hasn't worked on the show..or heck..promote a writer to head writer.

• Members

Maybe they just let her exit gracefully?

The show was tolerable under her. I know it's fun to trash it but I didn't hate it. Sorry not sorry. Frank's the problem though. And those saying GH is trash it was trash under Ron for the last few years. It was basic boring soap under Jean and Shelly. Not saying all of it, or any of it, has been that good but are you all watching? Chit? Dragonflies? Cheap?

I hate Tomsell but maybe they can make the show fun at least. I think most of the writers are just as bad as the others.

I get so annoyed when ya'll throw around the word cancellation for the soaps. If you don't like them don't watch but stop calling for their cancellations. I mean, ya'll think it's fun to say but that leaves hundreds of people without jobs, but hey, let's cancel all of em! I think DAYS has been HORRID but I still don't want it cancelled. There's so much negativity at times.

But how long can soaps in the state of disrepair there in last? They need an infusion of fresh new talent. They need the TPTP to pour money to there product.  I've watched GH & Days most my life. Now i miss weeks & months and don't care that i did. Sooner or later they we degrade into nothingness due to incompetence. Jeanine P was very condescending to GH fans. I'm glad she's gone. I wonder what incompetent recycled hack GH will get as HW?

• Members

Oh I agree with you. Fresh blood has long been needed. I'm tired of the recycling of inept HWs and EPs. I still don't like to call for their cancellations LOL. Unfortunately they won't last forever. DAYS squeaks by and GH can go anytime. I know they won't go on forever.

• Members

Jean Passanante has been a tremendous talent to the ABC family," said Vicki Dummer, head of Current Series Programming, ABC Entertainment in a statement. "Having come full circle — she began her career with ABC in 1992 — it is only fitting that she has decided to end her story where it began. While we are all sad to see her go, we are immensely impressed by her creative contributions and are grateful to have worked with her throughout her career and wish her well in her retirement.”

This was Jeans decision and here is Vickis statement on her retirement.

• Members

You've heard of exiting gracefully, right? Disney is notorious for this with their executives, many failed ones resign to "spend time with family". It's a thing. I'm not saying I know for sure but I think she knew her time was up and they let her "resign". JMO.

Archived