Y&R: September 1998 Episode Rankings

• Members

September 1998 opened brilliantly with the three Chancellor women all together for the first time in eons. They discussed Phillip's legacy as a Chancellor, and Katherine and Jill argued, of course, while Nina rolled her eyes. It's like we were back in 1989. Meanwhile, the entirety of the show's black cast was in the top 10 for the month, something you'd probably never see today, as the Callie story heated up. Drucilla returned to Genoa City for a brief visit, in which she and Neil decided it was time to divorce. Baby Lily proved to be a better actress and much more her mother's daughter than that adult Lily we've been stuck with for years. Ashley takes another trip to the backburner when she accompanies Cole to a meeting in New York. It's like the show is finding excuses not to have to write for her -- and who can blame them? While Grace is buying sexy lingerie to seduce her best friend's husband with, the time comes for Katherine Chancellor's grand party. Nina sits this one out -- she has begun dating again (after much pushing from Christine) but the blind date she ends up with proves to be a tall order. In front of all the prominent citizens of Genoa City, after months of scheming, Jill serves Katherine with papers, alleging that the Chancellor estate belongs to her. The sinister Trey tracks Callie down. Victor and Nikki learn their daughter is engaged to be married to a black man and nearly sh!t themselves. Jack visits Brad in Rome in one last effort to convince him to help with his plan. Victor and Phyllis meet for the first time. Seemingly having pushed Victor too far, Michael is attacked on his way out of work, shoved into the trunk of a car, and thrown in a storage room.

7Q9JBTH.pngazA1Eft.png9Y38oQO.pngUQqfJEl.pngdvK6fXw.pngHMSUyT5.pngNih1MO5.pngSqB7Qde.pngD4ScS6f.pngjAusudJ.pngEsQVjQD.pngh3jelx2.pngF2V0IUU.png15m8hLV.pngJVN9dAq.png

September 1998 Episode Rankings

19 Episodes (Episodes 6454-6472) * Missing 1 episode

1. Shemar Moore (Malcolm Winters) 15

*. Kristoff St. John (Neil Winters) 15

*. Heather Tom (Victoria Newman) 15

*. Tonya Lee Williams (Olivia Winters) 15

5. Lauralee Bell (Christine Williams) 14

*. Doug Davidson (Paul Williams) 14

*. Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Newman) 14

8. Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott) 12

*. Sharon Case (Sharon Newman) 12

*. Michelle Thomas (Callie Rogers) 12

11. Joshua Morrow (Nick Newman) 11

*. Nick Scotti (Tony Viscardi) 11

13. Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) 10

*. Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) 10

*. Jennifer Gareis (Grace Turner) 10

*. Jess Walton (Jill Abbott) 10

*. James Wellington (Rob) 10

17. Laura Bryan Birn (Lynne Bassett) 9

*. Tricia Cast (Nina McNeil) 9

*. Christian Le Blanc (Michael Baldwin) 9

*. J. Eddie Peck (Cole Howard) 9

*. Scott Reeves (Ryan McNeil) 9

*. Shari Shattuck (Ashley Abbott) 9

23. John Castellanos (John Silva) 8

*. Alex Donnelley (Diane Newman) 8

*. Ashley Jones (Megan Dennison) 8

26. Sabryn Genet (Tricia McNeil) 7

*. Sandra Nelson (Phyllis Romalotti) 7

28. Brooke Marie Bridges (Lily Winters) 5

*. Kate Linder (Esther Valentine) 5

30. Marissa Arena (Marissa Barton) 4

*. Camryn Grimes (Cassie Newman) 4

*. Rodney Van Johnson (Trey Stark) 4

33. Reed Biermann (Kyle Warner) 3

*. Barbara Crampton (Leanna Love) 3

*. Brett Hadley (Carl Williams) 3

*. Victoria Rowell (Drucilla Winters) 3

*. Patty Weaver (Gina Roma) 3

*. William Wintersole (Mitchell Sherman) 3

39. Tamara Clatterbuck (Alice Johnson) 2

*. Robert Clotworthy (Judge Russell Jennings) 2

*. Carolyn Conwell (Mary Williams) 2

*. Don Diamont (Brad Carlton) 2

*. Ernestine Mercer (Millie Johnson) 2

*. Jerry O'Donnell (Sam) 2

45. Leslie Bevis (Ruth Perkins) 1

*. Pamella D'Pella (Julia) 1

*. Judd Dunning (Chuck) 1

*. Bryant Jones (Nathan Hastings Jr.) 1

*. Christopher Kriesa (Charlie Ockwell) 1

*. Lise Simms (Connie Wayne) 1

*. Greg Wrangler (Steve Connelly) 1

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks again!

Please register in order to view this content

Love the balance, and good for SM and KSJ (along with HT and TLW) claiming the top spot! A wonderful balance for this month!

That Katherine/Jill/Nina scene sounds fun! It's nice they had all the Chancellor women in a scene together. I kind of felt like even though, there was always interaction between Jill/Nina or Katherine/Nina, they didn't really share that many scenes together as the decade progressed. I always feel like Nina specifically didn't have that much to do for the last 3 years of her original run, but I guess Alden was known to mature her, which was a nice....It's a shame she didn't stay longer pass 2001.

The Chancellor party was definitely a terrific way for Jill to finally get at Katherine, for all the misery she caused, humiliating her, in front of almost the entire town! what a way to do so!  I wish those party scenes were still around....If I recall Jill (of course) and Diane were on the "banned from entertaining" list for the party. LOL

the screen cap of Nikki and Victor's faces while Victoria is accepting Neil's proposal is hilarious! too bad nothing more came from that pairing...I could never see them together now....which is probably for the best.

I remember seeing Michael get abducted in the parking garage, haha wasn't it Phyllis who ended up being responsible, though the audience thought it was Victor? I recall seeing the episode where Victor was vowing his revenge on Michael, and then at the end of the show Michael is kidnapped, so they made you think Victor hired those people.

I also remember seeing Neil and Victoria shocked to find Dru waiting for them (in his office I think?) with Lily.....Dru and Victoria had a bit of a snooty exchange which was kind of funny...LOL

• Members

That pairing was terrible. Kristoff & Heather had no chemistry, the writing was offensive on multiple levels and the actors received tons of hate mail in real life.

It was indeed a jealous Phyllis who had Michael kidnapped. He was convinced it was Victor's doing but when he realized Phyllis behind it ruined their relationship for several years.

They were not fond of each other. Mainly because of the way Neil handled things (it was barely six months between his and Dru's divorce and his Victoria's engagement). The fact that Olivia & Malcolm encouraged the whole debacle was especially annoying.

Katherine & Nina mended their relationship....somewhat. While Jill & Nina remained at each other throats for the rest of the decade, Jill was too preoccupied with The Abbotts to really cause drama for Nina (until she & Ryan's divorce).

Given all the drama Nina went through during her marriage to Ryan she was due for a rest. Her realistic maturation into a independent centered single mom during the last part of her run was quite satisfying.

Archived