Actress Fired From 'Kevin Can Wait'

Roman

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this is interesting, though unfortunate for the actress. I am a big King of Queens fan and have always enjoyed Kevin/Leah Remini's chemistry on screen. I haven't seen much of "Kevin Can Wait." But from what I have seen I didn't think that him and his wife on the show had much chemistry. I've seen a lot of other people say that as well.  Though it does look like this did well in the ratings for a new show so there may be many people that will also be upset by this news.

I wonder how they will get rid of the character and if they might actually have her die. It looks like her and Kevin's character were happy so they may not go the route of sudden divorce. I remember how they ended "How I met your mother" and how that really upset a lot of people. I wonder if they will also take a sadden turn with this character's exit. But regardless, I wish the actress the best, it does stink to be dumped after a year on show. Maybe she will land on her feet somewhere.

• Members

I've never watched this show but according to the article Reminin won't be playing his wife- she will play his partner in the police force.

So who's going to play his wife?  Or are they just going to avoid showing his home life? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Lol the wife got fired. Leah already appeared on the show but got a contract to be a regular next season hence the controversy. They haven't revealed how the wife will be written out but speculation that Leah will  become his love interest and eventual wife 

• Members

They should have just rebooted King of Queens instead of ... whatever Kevin Can Wait was.

Yep

And Kevin and Erinn Hayes didn't exactly set the screen on fire. JMO. To me they hired a lesser actress (not knocking Hayes, she was good, but not exactly a "name", that's all I mean) so Kevin could ham it up and be the star.

Kevin and Leah have far better chemistry.

I don't necessarily agree with getting rid of one for the other but shows get retooled. It doesn't happen as much anymore but it's not anything new. I feel bad for Hayes but I like Remini, so ...

I found it funny how many were saying (elsewhere, not here) they lacked chemistry and now everyone's upset about the exit of Hayes. Again not saying I think it was fair or anything but it's just funny to me how people react.

• Members

Oh, okay. See I told you I'd never laid eyes on this show before!

Please register in order to view this content

Okay, I see your point about paving the way for Remini and James to get together.  I guess James wasn't feeling the other actress?

Archived