Disney's: Raven's Home

xtr

• Members

I just saw a trailer for Raven's Home, the spinoff of That' so Raven and I actually like what I see so far. It looks cute. When I first heard that they were going to make a spinoff and give Raven preteen kids, I was wondering how that was going to work out.  I always thought the way that they handled Raven's age on the original show was kind of interesting. She was like 16/17 when she first started playing Raven Baxter but they had her starting out as a middle schooler. I always thought at times that was jarring especially considering that I thought she looked her real age.

Then when I heard about this spinoff and her having the pre-teen kids, I was concerned she may not be that believable as a mom of kids that age. (Though she is technically old enough to be their mother.) But I think that the previews look good and this could work. The kids are cute especially the daughter. I think it's interesting that they are twins and it looks like only one (her son) inherited her psychic abilities. Also, nice to see Chelsea back (with a straight laced kid of her own). I wonder how often we may see other original cast members like Cory and Raven's parents. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZvRZPJYeGg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lol.

I read this show premieres on July 21. I had read that Raven is a single divorced mother. I wonder if Chelsea is divorced as well and even if her and Raven are living all under one roof with their kids. I didn't see Chelsea with a man in the previews. I think it would have been interesting if maybe Raven was divorced but Chelsea was happily married. I think that could create an interesting dynamic. I also wonder how much Eddie will factor into the show and their lives. I hope he's not Raven's ex/the twin's father or that he and Raven are together romantically in present day. That was one friendship that I never wanted to see turn romantic. I rather see Raven with someone else.

I am interested in seeing what Raven (and maybe Chelsea's) exes look and act like, lol. 

• Members

I'm curious about their exes as well. I thought I read they live together but I don't know.

I was hoping to get out to California this month or next month and I wanted to attend a taping (of this, One Day at a Time and Fuller House, all of which are taping right now through next month), but I don't know that I'll be able to.

• Members

That would be nice if you got to see a taping of it. 

Also, I just read some articles where they mentioned that Devon one of Raven's ex-boyfriend is her ex husband/father of the twins. I would have rather it had been a different man altogether. I think that's more interesting and realistic, one reason because most people don't usually end up marrying a childhood boyfriend/(or best friend). But I will take it being him over Eddie. (Eddie and Raven always seemed more like brother and sister to me.) I never thought he was the cutest/most appealing of the guys that Raven crushed on/dated. But I saw a recent of pic of him and I think he's aged well. He looks like he slimmed down some as he's gotten older and I think that the shorter hair cut/facial hair suits him. I think he looks cute now.

I also read that Chelsea is indeed a single mother as well and will be moving in with Raven and her children. They also said that the daughter has inherited her psychic powers, but in the previews it is the son that is shown having visions. I hope it's him instead of the daughter (and not both of them) I think it's more interesting if only one of them has psychic powers. The other twin can keep the one with the powers grounded and help calm them down if they get overly excited about a vision.

https://moviepilot.com/p/ravens-home-father-devon-carter/4276963

https://moviepilot.com/p/raven-kids-nia-booker-thats-so-raven-reboot/4146603

• Members

Am I the only one they didn't know this was actually a thing? I know Raven aid she was leaving the View to try and being the show back but I didn't know they had hired a cast, filmed and were ready to go next month

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I enjoyed tonight’s premiere. I liked learning a little bit about what has happened with Raven/Chelsea over the last 10 years. I think it’s interesting to learn that Chelsea’s ex-husband is in prison for tax fraud. It sounds like he wasn’t really a good person and that people including Raven never really liked/trusted him. I wonder if he will show up once he gets out of prison and how Chelsea/Raven will deal with him.I look forward to seeing Devon next week. I want to learn why him and Raven divorced.

I think it’s interesting that Raven feels more protective over Booker than Nia, and this is without knowing about his psychic abilities. I also think it’s interesting that the twins don’t know that Raven is psychic I am looking forward to when they find out about that and she finds out about Booker’s abilities. I also wonder if Devon knows about Raven’s abilities.

I like the twins but I am really enjoying Chelsea’s son Levi. I am enjoying his chemistry/interactions with everyone on the show. And I think it’s cute and seems natural when he calls Raven “Auntie Raven”.  He may end up becoming my favorite kid on this show.

• Members

The episode was cute, but I feel like it was a bit forced with the jokes. It's in a bit of a funk, but I am sure overtime they'll find their groove. I think that the show will make a good impression for this generation's viewers. I saw it last night when Disney uploaded the episode on YouTube for free before the premiere. 

Archived