cassadine1991

DAYS: June 2017 Discussion Thread

176 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Gray Bunny said:

Count me in as another Deborah fan. Lauren Koslow is Kate, but Deborah (and the way the role was written) was so much more grounded, real, and multi-faceted. They started making Kate too much of a one-note villainess around 2001, and it's been messy writing ever since.

From what I remember Deb's Kate didn't come off as a villainess at all  - the character got a complete make-over once Lauren stepped into the role and as you said has been pretty one-note villainess for at least 15 years now.

3 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Lawd here we go again with Sonny trying to be threatening again.:rolleyes:

I know. I didn't miss the Deimos/Sonny garbage. Sonny was much better on the island.

3 hours ago, Sindacco said:

I'm glad Ron tweeted that. Now hopefully people will stop saying his writing doesn't air until August or September.

Me too

He also tweeted an excerpt of the script involving John and Kate sharing scenes.

On 6/20/2017 at 0:10 PM, beebs said:

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Jane Elliot, honestly. But sometimes it helps to see the other actress in the role just to see the different interpretations of the character. What I have seen of Jane's Anjelica is amazing, you're absolutely right, so I'll likely go with her, but I'd still like to check out some of Judith's run, at least. Shelley Taylor Morgan seems to be universally panned, so it's likely a good thing they got rid of her quickly.

6 hours ago, Gray Bunny said:

Deborah Adair quit acting. I wonder what she looks like nowadays? She's the perfect person for Carlivati to pluck from obscurity. Don't suppose the cast & crew would welcome a return of Robert Kelker-Kelly....? (not as Bo, though!) 

Why not as Bo?  I've always preferred RKK's Bo to Peter Reckell's.

Nope, I doubt that as well.  

St. Daniel's heart talk really needs to be silenced for a little while.

I want to see Marcy Miller start channeling the strength Mansi had in the role. Abby has such potential, but she needs to go easy on the whiny side. Now that she is self sufficient, let's see some Horton backbone!

3 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

Aha! Thank you!

Yeah, Jane is in another league altogether. I'll stick with her.

I actually liked today's episode with barely any ff.

Kate/Andre/Chad (even Gabi) scenes were good

Theo/Valerie/Eli/Julie scenes were great, Julie and Doug buying back the Martin house for Eli was an appreciated nod to Eli's grandfather and his family.

Nice that Marlena had time to talk with Claire, who wasn't shrill for a change.

Victor is always a favorite, but the stupid cursed idol plot with bad hair Sonny needs to hurry up and end.

Brady and Rafe fans can catch both DAYS actors if you live in the LA area. They are both doing the Passions reunion with most of the PSSNS cast this July.

I think June 27th is when Sheri will be listed as story consultant (from what I've seen elsewhere). Not sure though, guess we'll have to keep an eye out on the credits

Good to know today wasn't too awful I haven't watched it yet

Edited by KMan101

Maybe the tweaking of the scripts started around this time.

Why is it that a new regime takes over...it starts out well..old stories tied up and then the new ones take over and tank?  It happens with each new regime change.

It's easy to tie up yesterday's bad stories even as you set about hacking everything up even worse.

Edited by koos

Um so about that Wally Kurth......yikes!!  Memorize your lines dude.   His scenes have been a hot mess lately!

So I watched an episode from a couple of days ago, and I have to say:

- the actor playing Chad is hot.

- the young actors playing Claire and Theo are hilarious! They're so bad it's funny and entertaining. They look utterly bored.

- you can tell the actors don't have time to rehearse or anything. The ones who came across more prepared were the female veterans IMHO.