cassadine1991

DAYS: June 2017 Discussion Thread

176 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, juniorz1 said:

I'm assuming you cast Judith in the part and that's why you're looking for clips of her specifically?  TBH, if you're looking for the character's voice, you'd be better served looking for her under Jane Elliot.  She defined Anjelica and had that pitch-perfect voice and line delivery that gelled perfectly with the character.   Nobody could deliver sarcasm in falscetto better than Elliot.  Chapman was good, but her Anjelica was more of a manipulative witch than the finely drawn, high strung, upper crusted, sometimes mean-spiritied Anjelica that was Elliot's creation.

Shelley Taylor Morgan was totally WTF? casting and was ALL WRONG for that part.  Not sure what the casting director was smoking that day.  It would be akin to casting Missy Reeves or Kelly Ripa as Eve Donovan when they were in their youth.  It would have been a completely different character!

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Jane Elliot, honestly. But sometimes it helps to see the other actress in the role just to see the different interpretations of the character. What I have seen of Jane's Anjelica is amazing, you're absolutely right, so I'll likely go with her, but I'd still like to check out some of Judith's run, at least. Shelley Taylor Morgan seems to be universally panned, so it's likely a good thing they got rid of her quickly.

Glad to see Eric on today. Any time he is on is a good day. Actually enjoyed the Patch/Kayla "family lunch" dynamic. 

Is Chloe really leaving again? I hope so because I've found this last return of hers to be annoying.

I found it amusing that when Brady received the call that all on the island had been found he was happy Sonny was okay but not a word about Paul. Umm...isn't Paul his half-brother? 

4 hours ago, Melroser said:

Glad to see Eric on today. Any time he is on is a good day.

Oh I don't know - was he shirtless and rubbing himself in baby oil?

4 minutes ago, te. said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, te. said:

Lmao! But yes please! That should be a requirement!

5 hours ago, Melroser said:

Glad to see Eric on today. Any time he is on is a good day. Actually enjoyed the Patch/Kayla "family lunch" dynamic. 

Is Chloe really leaving again? I hope so because I've found this last return of hers to be annoying.

I found it amusing that when Brady received the call that all on the island had been found he was happy Sonny was okay but not a word about Paul. Umm...isn't Paul his half-brother? 

Yes it's always a better day when Eric is on and same for Steve/Kayla. Lol at Brady not mentioning Paul. You didn't know Victor and Naggie are his parents now?

When did Eric kill Tom Horton? Deimos said he killed the town’s most beloved doctor, but I swear I remember Tom dying in his sleep in 1994. 

I love how the group on the island got rescued and there was no followup the next day. Just a couple people talking about how they're on their way home.

Rory <3 Can we keep him please? Get him back in JJ's orbit? Make JJ great again?

Anything Steve/Kayla/Tripp is usually my favorite part of the show these days. But Jade needs to go.

Trying to watch today's show. But everything is so ho hum and lacklaster. The only thing remotely interesting was Deimos & Sonny meow & hissing at each other. As Deimos pushed Sonny to the hospital floor. Not a fan of Ron Carlivati but i'm sure he wrote in the scene with Sonny & Marlena mentioning Will. 

Edited by victoria foxton

On 6/20/2017 at 5:01 AM, Elsa said:

I agree with everything you said about Deborah. I adore Lauren Koslow, but for me Adair will always be the real Kate. She was amazing with her on screen kids and her scenes with JLB were so old school soap :wub:

Count me in as another Deborah fan. Lauren Koslow is Kate, but Deborah (and the way the role was written) was so much more grounded, real, and multi-faceted. They started making Kate too much of a one-note villainess around 2001, and it's been messy writing ever since. 

Deborah Adair quit acting. I wonder what she looks like nowadays? She's the perfect person for Carlivati to pluck from obscurity. Don't suppose the cast & crew would welcome a return of Robert Kelker-Kelly....? (not as Bo, though!) 

Carlivati tweeted teases of his first script. It's July 19th.

Galen and Chandler both have said the scripts are "fire" and Drake has said he gets "goosebumps"

Edited by KMan101

I'm glad Ron tweeted that. Now hopefully people will stop saying his writing doesn't air until August or September.

16 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Carlivati tweeted teases of his first script. It's July 19th.

Galen and Chandler both have said the scripts are "fire" and Drake has said he gets "goosebumps"

Maybe Galen and Chandler do a striptease and that's why they say its on fire and Drake gets goosebumps watching them.:P

1 minute ago, Soapsuds said:

Maybe Galen and Chandler do a striptease and that's why they say its on fire and Drake gets goosebumps watching them.:P

Lmao